Sign in to follow this  
Furby

Southampton Car Parking

Looking for feedback please. We usually use CPS but for shorter cruises they come up so expensive, we are going 5 nights on qm2 in may next year. in my search penguin parking (formally alternative cruise parking) has come up, does anyone know anything about these? reviews on trip advisor and cruise critic are really old, and on thier facebook page they only have a few recent reviews. anyone used them or know anyone that has?

Not used them ourselves, but when we looked the holiday inn park and stay came up very good value, and our friends canseled there parking, and also staying at the holiday inn cruise and stay package.

good luck finding a good deal.

We always use CPS, I would rather pay a little extra for the convenience,on our last cruise we were able to disembark sooner than had been planned. We were leaving the car park at 08.15. If we had used another parking service we would not have had such an easy departure. Penguin parking is based in Marchwood across the water from the port but a good 20-30mins drive on a good day

Parking 4cruises on their site say to let them know your disembarkation time but we don't as the man in the short stay car park told us it was unnecessary because they get the cars back to the car park really early  before the ship even docks.

1 minute ago, 2torts said:

Parking 4cruises on their site say to let them know your disembarkation time but we don't as the man in the short stay car park told us it was unnecessary because they get the cars back to the car park really early  before the ship even docks.

Their new site now states that's only necessary if you want to collect your car before 8:00am, and they now send a text to you on the embarkation day which just requires a one word reply when you are 30 minutes away from arrival.

1 hour ago, Captain Kidd II said:

CPS for me everytime. The ease of arriving at the cruise terminal and closeness when disembarking is worth he cost. I jst take this into account when booking the holiday. 

Parking4cruises operates almost identically to CPS, but without any queuing waiting for your turn to offload, their drop off and collection point is the short stay car park at either Ocean or Mayflower, some might consider this extra hop an inconvenience, but it does offer a very satisfactory saving. 

12 hours ago, towny44 said:

Parking4cruises operates almost identically to CPS, but without any queuing waiting for your turn to offload, their drop off and collection point is the short stay car park at either Ocean or Mayflower, some might consider this extra hop an inconvenience, but it does offer a very satisfactory saving. 

and worth the saving compared to CPS. On a few occasions I have arrived at Ocean terminal when booked with CPS and because there is a massive queue they direct you to the short stay car park to wait. Every time I have booked with P4C I unload suitcases and hand baggage at terminal then leave wife while take car across road to short stay car park and never had to wait and dealt with in 2-3 minutes with same standard as CPS i.e inspect car and take photos. On our return we go to short stay car park load car and away in minutes on some occasions had to queue to even get off CPS car park. On our cruise in October CPS want £162 where Parking4Cruises charge £115 and even spray your car down which CPS dont do or you can have basic package (no cancellation/amendment and no vehicle spray down) for £109 and then future cruises you get 5% discount when CPS have never given discount.

Penguin Parking have been good for us. The shuttle buses are frequent, but on disembarkation they are not allowed to wait ship side so you have to give them a call, but usually there is a shuttle waiting for calls just outside the port so you don't have to wait long. Prices are reasonable. When we had to cancel a cruise short notice last year due to an illness Penguin Parking let us transfer the full cost to a future cruise we had booked. Also past users can get a 5% discount off their prices.