Sign in to follow this  
BanburyBlue

Southampton Car Parking - confused?

Hi all,

We're off on our first RCI cruise in October - round trip from Southampton (City Cruise Terminal).  We've always gone with P&O or Cunard before, and have always used the parking provided by C&PS, where you drive right up to the terminal, unload your car, give someone your car keys and off you go.

Looking at RCI,  they don't seem to do this?  The official RCI car park provider (Cruise Parking) seems to be similar in concept, but looks like the car park is a fair distance away and are 'shuttle bused' to the terminal.

There is another company called ABP, who appear to be right next door to the terminal (walking distance), but it is self-park, and you have to take your suitcases to the terminal drop off point?

Is this a good précis?

Does anyone have any experience of using the different options above?

Many thanks,

ABP is the one we use and we use their blue badge car park, they normally have vehicles in the car park which come and collect your luggage as you unload. Not sure if this applies to able bodied but they do have a drop off area for taxis as well. Either way the parking stewards will tell you what to do.

On recommendation from friends who always use ABP, I've Just booked my car parking with them for the RC cruise in October @ £71.00 for the five nights. Not having used any of the parking companies myself, I can't really offer you any advice. First time for me too as previously always travelled with Eavesway coaches, who have been excellent. 

We've used APB parking with Celebrity and it really is very easy, you will be directed to the car park where you self park and leave your luggage by your car, vehicles are going around all the time collecting it, there is a mini bus to take you from the car park to the terminal, I was expecting it to be very time consuming but it wasn't it was a very efficient operation in fact one of the best embarkations we have ever had, RCI being Celebrity's sister company I would expect their embarkation to be equally as efficient.

I used AB parking for my last trip and the car park was conveniently located adjacent to the terminal and luggage didnt have to be moved to far from the car to the terminal, as always we are spoilt sometimes with the drop off service of CPS but this works just as well as at least you park your on vehicle

We now tend to use the coach service to Southampton,if it is available, but when I drove down I always used the port parking, short walk from ship to car.

If you have free parking as part of your deal, then you are stuck with whoever the cruise line have picked.If you are paying for your own parking then you pick whichever parking suits you....Davybe