Sign in to follow this  
BanburyBlue

Le Havre - basic port information

Hi all,

We're going to Le Havre (for the first time) on a RCI cruise in October.

I'm getting some mixed messages about how close the centre of Le Havre is from the cruise terminal.  Never being to Le Havre before, we are quite happy to potter around the place.

So, does anyone know how far the centre of Le Havre is to the cruise terminal, or if there are any shuttle buses provided?

Thanks.

RCI provided a shuttle here last October, not sure if you had to pay or whether the port provided it free. My BIL used it and it was only just around to the other side of the harbour, but from his photos he seemed to be in the city centre.

On P and O we got on the shuttle bus it took us to the start of the centre if you see what I mean, we had a stroll round, but it was a Sunday,  so we walked down to the beach, has a coffee, and walked back to the port along the coast road

I took the half day excursion to Honfleur and this still left me with time to spend in Le Harve. Princess supplied a shuttle bus from the port to the town making it easy to walk into the centre and down to the beach. 

Can anyone advise if its worth spending travelling time to visit Paris as we're in port 7.00 to 9.00. I believe it's around three hours each way. Thanks.