Sign in to follow this  
sammy sun

Virgin Voyages Choose Scarlet Lady As The Name For Their New Ship

I saw the headline for this story a few days ago but I've just read a bit more about it today. I'm not keen on this name at all. I know it's a nod to the past and the history of the Virgin brand but for a new, contemporary, lavish cruise line image that they appear to be aiming for, it doesn't exactly fit does it? Just my opinion of course but I think it's a terrible name,

i agree, im not overly keen, but i think its going to fit in with how virgin are going to try and promote the cruises, i read somthing along the lines of 'if you dont want to have fun dont book with us' not sure of the exact wording but i dont think they will be coming and where near a classic cruising style, starting with the name

not suprising i suppose with his track record lol

but so far doesnt seem to be my cup of tea.

even the new p&o doesnt appeal due to its no choice open dining.

the way its going i wont be cruising much longer lol.

Just had a quick look at the line's website.  I am afraid the language used is enough to put me off - apparently they feel it is time to "epicly change" cruising.  One of their designers "has defined sexy retro futurism" and one of their outdoor spaces is "Like glamorous grunge".  They may be going for over 18s but I don't think they are looking to attract regular 50-somethings like me...

Looks a nice ship. Like what they are doing about recruiting more women crew members to traditional male roles and getting rid of plastic on board. Not so sure i want to be referred to as "Sailors" instead of passengers though. 

I'll be totally honest, I met Sir Richard some considerable number of years ago, and I was 100% convinced that I was not going to like him. However, he turned out to be amongst the most Charismatic people, that I've ever met. He has a very rare gift of putting people at their absolute ease within seconds. A very clever man indeed.

I think he'll 'test the waters' over on the other side of the Atlantic first, before deciding upon any ventures into the British/European cruise markets.

I wish him well, but like most others it seems, I'm not that keen on the name either : 'Virgin on the Ridiculous' in fact!