Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

Drunk's on Planes.

Watched the tv program last "Flight from Hell" with clips showing drunks on flights ,some funny most obnoxious ,and end up getting taken on the flight.

Mainly due to Drunk?

Have you ever had a flight where drunks /or bad behaviour spoilt the flight.....Davybe

We have had a couple ,the worst being on a P&O charter to Barbados.

We upgraded to Premium ,and in fairness you got unlimited drinks and decent food.

we were well into the journey when a woman jumped up from her seat, turned to the man behind her shouting"stop punching that TV screen" He stood up and said"Speak to me in a proper tone" She just started finger wagging and kicking off' His Last words to her we're" I am not your Bl&&dy Husband keep talking to me like that and I will knock your teeth out"

By this time the Stewards had got involved and got the woman away out of harms way(Her Husband kept out of it) My wife talking late with the steward asked was this a regular thing,"we sometimes get arguments but nothing like this at there age" was her reply.

Later on the Ship we saw the same woman finger wagging and stamping at Reception and in Cafe Garden. She was just one very angry person.....Davybe

Thankfully not but many years ago we were on a return flight from Tenerife and we had a 5 hour delay which meant we should have been landing in Manchester more or less as when we were actually leaving Tenerife, it meant our flight left at 2.00 am which wasn't a problem as I expected to sleep most of the way home, how wrong was I !! the woman in the seat behind decided to tell the person in the next seat to her of her travels so I literally spent 4 hours 'going around the world' with her, normally it would probably have been quite interesting but not when you have been awake for about 19 hours, I was a lot more polite in those days now I would probably turn round and tell her to 'shut up' 

It would be my worst nightmare to be on a flight with 'drunks' . 

A few years ago we lived in Gibraltar, our flight home was Christmas Eve. 2 young soliders were on leave and were being met at Gatwick. Being a late evening flight they were in a good mood, yes drunk but in good spirits. The BA flight was only a third full and our 2 young children thought they were very funny. The most amusing comment came when we landed at Gatwick, one of the Soliders realising his drunken state said out loud “ my mum is going to kill me” we all laughed. 

Thankfully there are more funny drunks than offence ones.

I had a man sit next to me with a nervous cough,9 hours of this cough (I nicknamed him Coughing Colin) we heard him around the ship still coughing.

We once got seated near the toilets, no sleep with people who wanted to talk ,and wake us up ,as they seemed unable to open the toilet doormat 3 in the morning...Davybe

We once did a day trip by coach to Dublin. A local firm was trying it out to see if it was viable. We left at 4am & the couple behind us decided that they didn't want to rest quietly like everyone else so they had a very loud picnic. We were due to have a stop on the way to Wales but were so early that nowhere was open so went straight through with no stop arriving at the ferry port with hours to wait. After a very rough crossing we were back on the coach where 1 gentleman had obviously whiled away the time drinking. At every pub or bar we passed he would shout out that he wanted to go into the 'church'. After a stop in a park we arrived in Dublin city centre where we had about an hour to get lunch & then it was back on the coach to come home. He must have got stuck in a church because he didn't come back with us. Having driven through Wales in the dark in the morning I wanted to watch the scenery go past on the way home but unfortunately was so tired that I fell asleep and missed it again. We arrived back about midnight & the company never tried to do Dublin in a day again.😀💤

I was flying by myself from Toronto to Manchester many years ago.  An elderly lady sitting next to me was going over for a wedding and told me it was her first ever flight.  The flight attendant came around with drinks and she asked the price.  On being told they were free she asked for a G & T.    She asked me why I didn’t have one since they were free.  I explained that I had to drive from the airport.  She said her grandson was meeting her.  Every time the cart came round she had another drink.  By the time we landed she was very happy and quite unsteady on her feet.  I wondered how her grandson would react to meeting an inebriated grandmother.  It is probably as well that alcohol is no longer free on most flights, at least in economy!

Sheila

I fly to Malaga fairly regularly and with one exception, have never experienced any problems.  On that one occasion, for some reason the cheapest flight was on the Friday.  Unfortunately, there was a large Hen Party on board and from the start they were incredibly noisy, almost shouting across the seats to each other, with a liberal sprinkling of profanities.  Indeed, one woman had an eye mask adorned with the phrase "F*** Off".  This lasted the whole flight and at no time did the crew stop serving them alcohol.  I was glad to get off in Malaga and as I left said to the cabin manager  "Never again a Friday flight"!