Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

How soon do you book.

Just out of interest ,how soon do you book, or Register an interest?

Due to health issues we moved our Celebrity Booking out until next years in effect we booked 12 months in advance.

But All being well we will book a cruise just before Christmas this year.

I have booked onboard the ship and got the booking referred back to my agent for a further discount, that was for a cruise 18 months in advance.Being retired we can go off season which also gives us a lot of flexibility regarding when we sail.....Davybe

Hi Davybe,

Our cruises these days seem to be to celebrate special occasions, combining that with ticking off bucket list destinations.  That means we tend to book well in advance to secure what we want.

Examples:-

1.  Later this month we board Azamara Quest to celebrate a (very) Big Birthday.  It was booked in March 2017.

2.  In May 2019 we celebrate our Golden Wedding on board an Emerald river cruise on the Eastern stretch of The Danube.  Booked February 2018.

3.  In April 2020 we head to Japan, with part of the package being our first experience of a Holland America cruise.  No special event.  Just the Bucket List thing.  Booked July 2018.

Hoping to have the continued good health to be able to fulfill those bookings.

DavidH

i booked an oct 2019 cruise whilst on an oct 2017 cruise so 2 years.

but conversley when a long cruise was cancelled in jan i booked a 12 day cruise a month in advance.

i have to pay the dreaded single supp so i have to watch out as they are sneeky as if you book v early the single supp on p&o maybe as low as 60%. then later the price may go down but the supplement goes up to 100%. so you need a degree in advance maths to work it out.

ive just asked the question regarding a 28 night cruise in oct i booked last oct and paid £3700 for a single cabin, theyve just shown the same cruise single occ of a double £3200 so ive asked the question can i change and have a refund?

We try to book our preferred cruise when they first come out so at least 18 months in advance. We have booked when on board a couple of times but didn't gain any benefits from doing so.  We also book any bargain cruises that we get to hear about e.g. the 50% off Adonia cruises last year & the replacement cruises on Oriana last February. 

We rarely book far ahead unless it is a special itinerary.  We booked Singapore to Hong Kong for next spring a year ahead, but if we just want to get away we usually wait until just after final payment.  We are not fussy about cabins and will take anything that fits our budget.

We book well in advance the cruise we are on in next (18Th September) was booked March 2017 a new year cruise last August 2017 our two for next were book in Spring this year and last month booked for March 2020.

in our experence you get the best price, the cabin we want, and all the other benefits.

it is of cause personal  thing I like a plan, my Grandsons always say What’s the plan Nana,