Sign in to follow this  
2torts

Is it me?

53 minutes ago, *Dancing Queen* said:

As usual HLM you take something else out of context, the use of the word 'thick' is an everyday word which I'm sure many use frequently but keep up the good work because if nothing else it highlights to others just how argumentative you can be and your tendency to 'stalk' certain people and I am by no means the only one.

Do enjoy the rest of your your day 😁

Calling someone "thick" I would suggest is not in most people's every day vocabulary.

Just another example of why you should think before you type.

As for stalking, get a grip DQ please.

Enough said.

HLM.

I was under the impression in maths there is now a requirement to estimate and answer which requires either written or mental maths rather than mechanical dependence . I seem to remember covering this teaching GCSE Maths a couple of years back.

3 hours ago, HLM said:

Hi 2torts.

"It doesn't surprise me, when I worked I would regularly take Management Trainee's' through my office and you wouldn't believe just how thick some of these University students were, I'm sure many were very clever but when it came down to common sense or the simplest of tasks they hadn't a clue."

Posted by Dancing Queen.

HLM.

Indeed the word thick is used there so I apologise to you however Dancing Queen does say that the students were very clever so does not use the word in the sense of being stupid more in the sense of lack of the basic skills that we learned in primary school.

9 hours ago, *Dancing Queen* said:

As I said 'keep up the good work' :D :D

I will thank you, I'm more than happy to show people up for what they really are.

You've accused people of being tight, you've  accused  people of being thick, argumentative, opinionated and even stalking for goodness sake, yet you are some kind of victim.

I don't think I'm the one with the problem, do you?

If you don't want a reply from me in particular, don't quote me if you do I'll use my right to reply.

Have a nice day, I know I will.  :)

HLM.

11 hours ago, 2torts said:

Indeed the word thick is used there so I apologise to you however Dancing Queen does say that the students were very clever so does not use the word in the sense of being stupid more in the sense of lack of the basic skills that we learned in primary school.

Hi 2torts.

No need for apologies, I just wanted to highlight that I feel it's inappropriate to use the work "thick" when people have no idea of this young persons situation.

But clearly some people have a problem with that.

HLM.

Edited by HLM
Spelling(God forbid)!!!!

16 hours ago, *Dancing Queen* said:

As usual HLM you take something else out of context, the use of the word 'thick' is an everyday word which I'm sure many use frequently but keep up the good work because if nothing else it highlights to others just how argumentative you can be and your tendency to 'stalk' certain people and I am by no means the only one.

Do enjoy the rest of your your day 😁

I agree with you no common sense at all ,absolutely clueless some of these management trainees,I had to work for them it was like looking after a child at times, they knew all the buzz words and could endlessly sit a long meeting talking rubbish, and getting well paid for it.

When it came down to getting something done they were never capable, but they were first in line to criticise when things went wrong.My Boss called the "Butterfly's" they flit from meeting to meeting achieving nothing.....Davybe

5 hours ago, HLM said:

I will thank you, I'm more than happy to show people up for what they really are.

You've accused people of being tight, you've  accused  people of being thick, argumentative, opinionated and even stalking for goodness sake, yet you are some kind of victim.

I don't think I'm the one with the problem, do you?

If you don't want a reply from me in particular, don't quote me if you do I'll use my right to reply.

Have a nice day, I know I will.  :)

HLM.

I can't imagine why you would think I see myself as a victim, I never have and I never will, like anyone you have the 'right to reply' with or without a quote and if you choose to jump on any word I use just because you don't like it then I don't see the problem as being mine, as someone said in a previous thread you are arguing for arguing sake but keep up the good work as it says much more about you than it does me !!