Hi has anyone done the cruise that has F1 monaco on the agenda? If so do P+O DO SHUTTLES TO M IanONACO FROM VILLEFRANCHE as I am not able to stand or sit all day but would like to go into Monaco for a shot time to enjoy the atmosphere. 

I can't answer your question as we've never been to Monaco  when it has been Grand Prix day although we have been several times with P&O at other times and as far as I can recall they have never done a 'Monaco on your Own' .. it's quite a distance from Villefranche so I doubt they would run shuttles plus some of the roads are closed off (been there the following day and some were still closed) the easiest way is by train but they are usually very busy and would probably be even busier when such an event is taking place.

I hope you manage to sort something out as I'm sure the atmosphere would be terrific.

We were near Monaco on a practice day, ,we took the train from Villefrance to Monaco ,and you can walk from the station into the town, most if it is well fenced off ,you can hear the cars but not see them.

You need a ticket to get in and lots of streets are blocked off for any sort of traffic .

I have seen one cruise advertising a Grad prix experience? Most cruise lines offer a tour into Monaco but the local train is far cheaper ....Davybe

I should imagine if the cruise is advertising as a Monaco Grand Prix and visiting on actual race day they will be selling tickets as part of an excursion to go and this would be very expensive as tickets are not cheap. If not purchasing tickets to see the Grand Prix I do not think it would be worth while visiting Monaco at all as most areas will be blocked off for ticket holders.

12 hours ago, sinbad10 said:

I should imagine if the cruise is advertising as a Monaco Grand Prix and visiting on actual race day they will be selling tickets as part of an excursion to go and this would be very expensive as tickets are not cheap. If not purchasing tickets to see the Grand Prix I do not think it would be worth while visiting Monaco at all as most areas will be blocked off for ticket holders.

It Is all blocked off Sinbad,and they put very tall barriers up to make sure you see nothing.

First time we went there the ship was due to dock in Monaco ,but they found out the charges to berth there were through the roof, here we ended up at Villfrance ....Davube