Sign in to follow this  
iknowlescourier

MSC boarding times

Does any one know how strict MSC are with their boarding times? We are sailing from Southampton on Magnifica in a couple of weeks and have been given a time of 16:10. We usually aim to get to Southampton for about 13:00, but won’t bother if we are going to be refused early boarding. Thanks in advance.

I've never sailed with them personally so I can't comment with full certainty but I would imagine they would be similar to other lines that operate such staggered check-in systems at Southampton. I think if you turn up earlier, you'll just be advised that they'll get you on board as soon as possible, much like P&O would do.

Strict? Not MSC. They are Italian, don't forget......

Unlike P&O etc., MSC board passengers at several ports on a round trip, so only a few hundred will be getting on in Southampton. 

We've always just turned up and walked straight on. 

TBH I didn't even know that they allocated boarding times. Are you sure that 1600 isn't "board no later than" ???

Edited by All At Sea

14 minutes ago, All At Sea said:

Strict? Not MSC. They are Italian, don't forget......

Unlike P&O etc., MSC board passengers at several ports on a round trip, so only a few hundred will be getting on in Southampton. 

We've always just turned up and walked straight on. 

TBH I didn't even know that they allocated boarding times. Are you sure that 1600 isn't "board no later than" ???

When we went from Valencia it was get on the bus go to the ship and get on Mind you we were one of the first to arrive at the Port that was due more to the flight times than anything else. At Venice we were given a boarding number and had to wait till the number was called.

Edited by Ikea Logistics