Sign in to follow this  
Pks1702

Norwegian Star and the ‘Medicane’

We seem to have caught this cruising bug.....

After our fist ever cruise on Celebrity Reflection which we loved we got a great suite deal on Star going on the Adriatic & Greece route. Found the suite better than Reflection and enjoyed the cruise very much although I would say Celebrity pips it but then it should given the cost between the two suites we had, dress is also way more casual on Norwegian.

No dedicated Restaurant for Suite Passengers on Star but not really very much to complain about. Would we go with Norwegian again - certainly. I find it very interesting as a new ‘cruiser’ to try different brands. Booked on P&O Brittania to the Canaries in April so another comparison :).

What was unexpected was the Medicane we were caught in. Woke up at around 1.00am with the wind shrieking turned on the tv to look at the wind speed on the ships system to be greeted by the fact we were in Hurricane force winds. Wind speed peaked at over 80 knots before easing to around 45 at 5.00am.

At just after 9.00am Star was tasked to assist a lone yacht an in distress some footage I took below.

https://youtu.be/g5bJNh15UBQ

Last night I attended an evening in London with NCL. Their plans for the next few years were unveiled with new itineraries and new ships. The new Leonardo Class ships look amazing. 140,000 gt, 3,300 passengers with more open spaces. The first of 6 will be delivered in 2022. Next year is the launch of Norwegian Encore the last of the Breakaway Plus Class. 

The view from the venue was pretty good also.

IMG_5727.jpg.thumb.jpg.4589451ef7dcf6099308427cd10a6260.jpg