Sign in to follow this  
mitch

what will you miss whilst on your cruise-foodwise

this morning whilst buttering my toasted doorstep size slice of bread the thought occured that for a month from the 20th on arcadia i will have to endure thin cardboard like toast rather than my home made bread cut very thick with lashings of proper butter.

what would you miss whilst fine dining is it a local cob/bap/barmcake/insert your own local name.

do you call in at a local take away on the way home.

is it some form of comfort food.

what would you rather have instead of dining in sindhu etc.

At the end of every cruise I look forward to beans on toast when we get home which is what we usually have as I never food shop until the following day except for bread and milk from our local shop. 

On the Cunard ships they have a sandwich station where they make them to order, they also have crisps but you do have to ask for them so I don't miss my favourite cob as that is usually my lunchtime choice if I want anything.

I'm a very plain eater and believe it or not I struggle to find things I like on a cruise there is only so much steak and chicken one can eat !! I'm not complaining as I never go hungry but something plain and simple sometimes without a sauce is ideal. 

Edited by *Dancing Queen*

Like you Mitch ,I miss some decent toast/ bread,and for some reason the wine on a cruise does not taste the same as it does at home?

My wife cannot eat spicy   food so cruising allows me eat spicy foods, but I do miss my Son-in-laws Curries....Davybe

Like most of you we like the simple foods once home, beans on toast seems to be the favourite. My husband like his cup of tea me I like me coffee. And fresh milk top of the list. 

It’s not the we don’t enjoy the food onboard ship, but I think my stomach needs a rest once home.

Arrived home recently from a back to back in the Queen's Grill on Cunard. I've never had such wonderful food on a cruise ship before, having previously only cruised with P&O. However they still couldn't supply decent toast in the mornings so that really was the only thing I missed foodwise.

19 hours ago, Jenjen said:

Nothing wrong with the food on cruise ships, but I do like the simple stuff when you get home only so much rich living I can take 

I have a friend who 's company use to entertain people at Royal Ascot, John said he was always pleased to be home and have a Mug of strong tea and Egg and Chip's.He got sick of Champagne, Caviar ,a long time eating rich food ....Davybe

42 minutes ago, Davybe said:

I have a friend who 's company use to entertain people at Royal Ascot, John said he was always pleased to be home and have a Mug of strong tea and Egg and Chip's.He got sick of Champagne, Caviar ,a long time eating rich food ....Davybe

Not sure that any mainstream cruise line food could be described as "Royal Ascot exotic", but I agree thicker toast would be nice. However you can ask for a thicker slice of toast but don't risk it on Ventura, last time I asked for a thicker slice it was well over 1" thick and only sparingly toasted.