Sign in to follow this  
jinky

HAL Alaskan Cruise

Got back from this cruise and a stay in Vancouver recently. Fantastic time. Holland America Line have to be my favourite line ion terms of service and food. Was only bettered by a luxurious river cruise with Uniworld in our experience of sailing with P&O, Royal Caribbean and HAL once before. As for the venues themselves it was stunning and the memory of floating quietly in Glacier Bay watching the ice calve will stay with me for many years.

DSCF6904.jpg

DSCF6841.jpg

DSCF6798.jpg

DSCF6531.jpg

DSCF7544.jpg

DSCF7500.jpg

If anyone wants to see more images you can see my Alaskan cruise blog here:

https://photographybypauldishman.blogspot.com/2018/10/way-up-north-to-alaska.html

Or the Vancouver element here

https://photographybypauldishman.blogspot.com/2018/10/vibrant-vancouver.html

Every time I go on a trip I think I`ve found my favourite memory. Glacier bay was it for this one but I still wonder if it was as good as my trips to Cuba and India.What would we do without travel? 

15 hours ago, *Dancing Queen* said:

Indeed Furby, the photos have brought back many special memories of our time in Alaska and Canada, it has to be in the 'top three' of the most beautiful place we have ever visited.

its on my very long bucket list :D

Had been on my list some years and so glad  I made it there. Thanks for your kind comments. I ordered a 140 page photobook before I left the UK for the trip on a Groupon deal. Whilst there I wondered if I would get enough photos to fill it. I reckoned I needed around 250-275 decent ones for a book. Shouldn`t have worried . I ended up with over 2000 pictures and after culling and editing still had more than enough to get them in. Should be here in the next week or so so hope they haven`t made a mess of the printing. Photobooks and videos are great ways of keeping the holiday alive as when the pictures sit on your hard drive they are rarely seen. I look forward to boring friends with the book 😉