Sign in to follow this  
Flintstone

Flintstone

Unfortunately I've not had any personal experience of Gothenburg. 

In the past I have found .... www.whatsinport.com .... very useful regarding port terminals / transport etc. 

Hope this is of help to you.

I was in Gothenburg with Fred Olsen on Boudicca this June. We arrived at about 8am and it was a coach ride into the city. The ferries moor near the city but not sure the larger ships would be able to pass under the bridge at the mouth of the sea gateway. I did a city tour and would recommend it, this is an excerpt from my review. 

"First stop, the Masthugg Church with its 200ft steeple built in 1914 on one of the city’s highest points. The interior boasts models and artefacts depicting the maritime heritage of this, Sweden’s second largest city. Step outside, enjoy magnificent views across the city, the huge Alsvorg Suspension Bridge spanning the main sea gateway to Gothenburg in the distance. Back on the coach we make our way through the city passing shops, restaurants, the City Hall, Court Building, Concert Hall and much more before arriving at the river boat boarding point. Once on board we glide along the canals and waterways having the landmarks pointed out by the very knowledgeable guide, under low bridges, passing park walkers, people sitting and taking in the sun before we emerge onto the main harbour. Moored here are ships from a bygone time, the naval destroyer ‘Smaland’, an old cargo ship, the sailing Barque ‘Viking’ that is now an hotel and just back from the water’s edge the Maritime Museum. This is a city that to explore in its entirety would take more than a day but this trip  proves an excellent taster".

Sadly when we visited Gothenburg On QE (Cunards first visit) the weather was amongst the worst I have seen, lashed it down and blowing a gale,They provided some very nice coaches into the city centre ,which looked well laid out and easy to find your way around, we stayed a short time and went back to the ship as my wife was feeling the cold, we joined a queue for the coaches,

They have a Volvo museum not far from where the ship docked.....Davybe

Thank you all for responding. I contacted Fred Olsen customer services who very kindly told me we are docking at the new American terminal which is within easy walking distance of the town, which is great. Thanks