Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

Over 75 TV licence SCAM

For the last year we have not had to pay our TV licence ,being over 75yrs old, But have now started to receive demands via E-mail that my Direct Debits had been cancelled(I Never did pay it by DD) 

Checking on the official web page it is confirmed that people are receiving demand  for payments or telling them they are due refunds?

In my case the links on the scam mail will not work ,and as they advise do not give any bank details to these sites and you can check by visiting the official web site....Davybe

Having tried several time to get me to pay today I got 

We owe you £239-32 please filling your details so we can refund your money, that include my Mother Maiden name.

Good try but no luck ...Davybe

I just don’t understand how so many people get caught out by theses scammers. We are told so many times not to give out details without checking the authenticity of the email sender. Like you Davybe and the TV licence I also get emails confirming my purchase to the Apple Apps, I just need to check my details are correct, nice try, I have spoken to Apple UK and they say they are unable to do anything as the scammers just change there users details daily, 

Another scam is the John Lewis credit card, you are asked via email to confirm your details on line as they have seen the possible fraudulent use of the card, they tell you that if you don’t respond they will put a stop on the card. Let’s just say it is still working.

13 hours ago, Countrygirl said:

I just don’t understand how so many people get caught out by theses scammers. We are told so many times not to give out details without checking the authenticity of the email sender. Like you Davybe and the TV licence I also get emails confirming my purchase to the Apple Apps, I just need to check my details are correct, nice try, I have spoken to Apple UK and they say they are unable to do anything as the scammers just change there users details daily, 

Another scam is the John Lewis credit card, you are asked via email to confirm your details on line as they have seen the possible fraudulent use of the card, they tell you that if you don’t respond they will put a stop on the card. Let’s just say it is still working.

I get those things weekly ,even from banks I have no account with, PaY Pal is another one ,I have not got a PayPal account .

I am getting to the point of not using the internet for anything to do with money....Davybe