Sign in to follow this  
Jenjen

New Year cruise

We have booked the new year cruise, only 5 nights, but a different New Year’s Eve for us, I am looking forward to it very much

I think it will be strange cruising in cold weather, so if not formal night, what do people wear? Is it trousers and jumper during the day?

I am expecting the port days to be cold,  so lots of layers scarf and gloves Amsterdam for two days could be very cold, as I understand.

Any tips, from you.

5 hours ago, Jenjen said:

We have booked the new year cruise, only 5 nights, but a different New Year’s Eve for us, I am looking forward to it very much

I think it will be strange cruising in cold weather, so if not formal night, what do people wear? Is it trousers and jumper during the day?

I am expecting the port days to be cold,  so lots of layers scarf and gloves Amsterdam for two days could be very cold, as I understand.

Any tips, from you.

We've done a few December European cruises and yes it will be cold, trousers/leggings/sweaters will be fine during the day both on and off the ship, I would definitely take boots and a hat as it isn't unusual to see snow ☃️ funnily enough it isn't that strange cruising in cold weather it's just different but places like Amsterdam are very pretty at Christmas and I assume two days in Amsterdam is for the New Year fireworks, never seen them myself but they are said to be wonderful.  

amsterdam can be v cold at new year, layers are the answer expect to see people in a polo neck with jumper plus jacket and a snow/overcoat. tights,leggings thicker trousers/cords.and snoods,scarves and hats. it can feel colder due to the canals and the amount of surrounding water. misty too.theyre good at gritting and clearing pathways but take care the bikes it seems have right of way over everything.

Just wear what you would wear at home in cold weather.

I would take something to cover your ears, if it get windy the cold can get to you quickly.

We found they serve some very nice hot chocolate drinks which kept us warm.and the ship was nice and warm.

Have a great time...Davybe

16 hours ago, mitch said:

amsterdam can be v cold at new year, layers are the answer expect to see people in a polo neck with jumper plus jacket and a snow/overcoat. tights,leggings thicker trousers/cords.and snoods,scarves and hats. it can feel colder due to the canals and the amount of surrounding water. misty too.theyre good at gritting and clearing pathways but take care the bikes it seems have right of way over everything.

The 'bikes' are lethal they come at you from every direction 🚲🚲 keeps the City clean of pollution though so not a bad thing.

Are you on the Cruise that calls a Brugge ? If so they have a Christmas Market ,including an Ice rink in the City Centre,The place looked lovely when we did a Christmas Markets cruise some years ago.

We (4 of Us) took a taxi from ship to town centre ,very cold but plenty to see and do.....Davybe