Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

Celebrity Pricing?

Just looking at Celebrity's prices for 2019 and 2020.

14 night cruise to Russia 2 people In a Balcony Cabin From £294 per night in 2019.June

Going up to £407 per cabin in 2020??🤣.

Other cruise lines are available and we will be on one of them....Davybe

The Royal Caribbean group do seem to be consistently inconsistent with their pricing.  We have had launch offers that have been very competitive, which was our experience for a 2017 cruise as well as one for 2019,  and then we have seen examples like this year where the launch prices are ridiculously high. But you can bet that the 2020 prices will be way lower once we get to the "wave" season in Jan. 2020, whereas the 2017 launch prices were never bettered, and so far neither have the 2019 prices.

Since we need an accessible cabin we need to book early to avoid disappointment, but that means we are already booked up by the time that prices reduce, even if accessible cabins are still available.

16 hours ago, mitch said:

i try and get as close to £100 per night as i can, that aint close lol.

i too will be elsewhere.

Hi Mitch

£100pn was the starting price for many of us ,sadly a thing of the past? we are looking at a land based All Inclusive holiday, but keeping an Eye out for a decent cruise deal.

Cheapest cruise we ever had was with Cunard who were selling cabin at £50 pp pn on a pre Christmas cruise, one man get his inside cabin fo £30pn .the good old days..Davybe

Holidays everywhere whether it be a cruise or land based holiday seem to be increasing some by a high margin. We always go to Austria in January and prices compared to last year are up over 10%. We looked at a short land based holiday in the UK (Torquay) in the summer and the hotel we were looking at wanted over £100pppn so comparing it with a cruise and what you get I think the days of balconies at £100pppn unless at a very late deal with no choices is more than likely a thing of the past.

5 hours ago, Davybe said:

Hi Mitch

£100pn was the starting price for many of us ,sadly a thing of the past? we are looking at a land based All Inclusive holiday, but keeping an Eye out for a decent cruise deal.

Cheapest cruise we ever had was with Cunard who were selling cabin at £50 pp pn on a pre Christmas cruise, one man get his inside cabin fo £30pn .the good old days..Davybe

i got quite close this year ive booked aurora 12 nights for £1598 in july.which isnt too bad considering single supplement is involved,also 28 nights on arcadia in oct for £3139. works out at £133 and £112 per night. considering i am paying for 2 thirds of another person for nothing in return i ought to get 2/3 of that persons obc as well.

aurora may be a bit big for my tastes but i will give it a go, hopefully my back will be sorted by then.

Aurora I think seems slightly smaller than Arcadia and in many ways is a nicer ship especially with its tiered back, unless they alter it during the refit.

ive been saying for years that singles should get the extra obc but they never listen to what passengers think.

Aurora is only slightly smaller than Arcadia Mitch but she feels a lot more intimate.  After Oriana leaves the fleet, she will be my favourite P&O ship.  She has good facilities and the beautiful tiered stern, which will remain the same after conversion to adult only (apart from losing the children's paddling pool!).

On 11/30/2018 at 11:53 AM, sinbad10 said:

Holidays everywhere whether it be a cruise or land based holiday seem to be increasing some by a high margin. We always go to Austria in January and prices compared to last year are up over 10%. We looked at a short land based holiday in the UK (Torquay) in the summer and the hotel we were looking at wanted over £100pppn so comparing it with a cruise and what you get I think the days of balconies at £100pppn unless at a very late deal with no choices is more than likely a thing of the past.

We stay at the imperial hotel Torquay they do threes a magic number, staying three nights, in a deluxe balcony room with breakfast is about the same price as cruise, and looking out over the sea feels like a cruise. 

On 11/30/2018 at 5:05 PM, afcandrew said:

Aurora is only slightly smaller than Arcadia Mitch but she feels a lot more intimate.  After Oriana leaves the fleet, she will be my favourite P&O ship.  She has good facilities and the beautiful tiered stern, which will remain the same after conversion to adult only (apart from losing the children's paddling pool!).

Yes know it well but never stayed there and looking at prices of £95pppn for bed, breakfast and 3 course dinner in a standard non sea view room makes cruising even more good value for money for what it includes on top.