Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

Happy New Year.

Amsterdam fire works were fabulous on New Year’s Eve, enjoyed the cruise very much, but having a cold weather cruise confuses because the sun beds all empty.

whatworked very well was the train, stay and cruise package at the holiday Inn Southampton Would dothat again, if a short cruise with small amount of luggage, this time we had just one case each, which has the four wheel and easy to navigate 

Glad you had a good cruise Jenjen.  Funnily enough I was looking at the Holiday Inn train,stay & cruise package yesterday but for the dates I want it isn't very good value.  The cost of the three taxis plus breakfast for one comes out at £69 over the room-only price, which doesn't seem very good value - especially when I am sailing out of Ocean Terminal.

On 1/3/2019 at 3:16 PM, Jenjen said:

Amsterdam fire works were fabulous on New Year’s Eve, enjoyed the cruise very much, but having a cold weather cruise confuses because the sun beds all empty.

whatworked very well was the train, stay and cruise package at the holiday Inn Southampton Would dothat again, if a short cruise with small amount of luggage, this time we had just one case each, which has the four wheel and easy to navigate 

Just Watched your display on Youtube, Must be better to see it live.Are those the ships to the left of screen?

Thank you for posting the utube video, yes the ships were on the left,   Queen Elizabeth then us on the Aurora .

the Queen Elizabeth sailed some time after midnight, but not sure what time she went, we left late because of high winds.

i can recommend the new year cruise.

16 hours ago, Jenjen said:

Thank you for posting the utube video, yes the ships were on the left,   Queen Elizabeth then us on the Aurora .

the Queen Elizabeth sailed some time after midnight, but not sure what time she went, we left late because of high winds.

i can recommend the new year cruise.

Pleased you liked it.

We did a Christmas /New year cruise last year on Ventura, not much I could say to recommend it, the highlight was Madeira and the Fireworks ,The rest especially the food I try and forget....Davybe

Only my personal opinion but I would not like to do Christmas and new year, so I/we got our ideal by having Christmas with the children and Grandchildren and having the New Year’s Eve big do, and only await 5 days.

Amsterdam go all out with the celebrations everything open lots all going on even male singers in the terminal the food on the Aurora was very,very good, since getting back. A couple of our friends are looking at next year, well this year now.

On 1/8/2019 at 12:53 PM, Jenjen said:

Only my personal opinion but I would not like to do Christmas and new year, so I/we got our ideal by having Christmas with the children and Grandchildren and having the New Year’s Eve big do, and only await 5 days.

Amsterdam go all out with the celebrations everything open lots all going on even male singers in the terminal the food on the Aurora was very,very good, since getting back. A couple of our friends are looking at next year, well this year now.

Not a bad idea that JenJen may see what's available next year-end maybe make it a family cruise....Davybe

We find lots of family groups and a much younger guests on that cruise lovely atmosphere, more so than summer cruise.

I am sure Davybe you would have a wonderful time, and find it good value.