Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

P&O prices on the Rise??

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Captain Kidd II said:

I agree with Towny - weak exchange rates, increased oil prices and inflation all add to the price of excursions. We usually book as soon as cruises are released as they often increase by as much as £1,000 pp.

We sometimes do the same ,no guarantee but more often than not we have got decent price, you can get a late bargain, but having missed out on a cruise through waiting for the price to drop,I book when I am happy with the deal...Davybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Davybe said:

We sometimes do the same ,no guarantee but more often than not we have got decent price, you can get a late bargain, but having missed out on a cruise through waiting for the price to drop,I book when I am happy with the deal...Davybe

With recent P&O launch prices being reasonable, compared with the last years, and with 10% off for past passengers and sometimes an extra 5% if its a Peninsular cruise and even a reduced deposit, then we have rarely seen a launch price bettered.  However there is generally only the minimal OBC, coach or car park offer at launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, towny44 said:

With recent P&O launch prices being reasonable, compared with the last years, and with 10% off for past passengers and sometimes an extra 5% if its a Peninsular cruise and even a reduced deposit, then we have rarely seen a launch price bettered.  However there is generally only the minimal OBC, coach or car park offer at launch.

With some of the excellent prices and discounts offered on brochure release these last 2-3 yrs you cannot really expect much more than minimal OBC or free coach/car parking. I know as far as we are concerned the free car parking offered with CPS for a 14 nt cruise is over £150 so cannot be complained about. We did a recent cruise on Britannia for 14 nts to the Med free car parking for 14nts and with extra TA discount paid only £900pp for highest grade inside cabin which was an excellent price and sure the equivalent prices for higher grade cabins was just as good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Captain Kidd II said:

I agree with Towny - weak exchange rates, increased oil prices and inflation all add to the price of excursions. We usually book as soon as cruises are released as they often increase by as much as £1,000 pp.

I do so agree we went on the Aurora in June, the price went up by £500 each, but the same cruise next year has gone up by £1200 each think that is because the grants have come off, just my opinion as usual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jenjen said:

I do so agree we went on the Aurora in June, the price went up by £500 each, but the same cruise next year has gone up by £1200 each think that is because the grants have come off, just my opinion as usual

Aurora's prices nearly always go up, we booked our April cruise this year at launch in Sept 2017 and our balcony cabin had doubled in price just before we sailed. For some reason she is extremely popular and P&O's fluid pricing will keep increasing prices as long as there is a strong demand.  The moral of the story, book early on Aurora and Arcadia if you want the best prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pesky Pirate said:

£1200 each for auto grats is an awful lot of nights on a cruise....

Thats similar rise that our Baltic Cruise we booked has gone up.

We booked in April this year at £4164 now same grade cabin is showing at £5312 ,the difference will cover quite a few drinks and tours....Davybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because P&O have gone up so much for next year we have been looking at Azamara, they come out good value because it includes every thing, glad we booked Dubai last year for next March, perhaps the fly cruises are better value but we like sailing from Southampton and back however not at the cost of another cruise.

Just my opinion as usual 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The advertised prices for most cruise lines seem to have increased quite a bit and you see the same discussion going on a lot - Celebrity is another line that attracted similar comments.  I am still getting plenty of decent offers come through by e-mail though, including some for next year and with quite a few for Iona recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had an e-mail yesterday advertising new Celebrity Apex 4 nts in Ovean View with supposedly free gratuities/drinks over £800pp so obviously they are not free just included in the price and even then at over £200pp for Ocean View cabin is extortionate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, sinbad10 said:

Had an e-mail yesterday advertising new Celebrity Apex 4 nts in Ovean View with supposedly free gratuities/drinks over £800pp so obviously they are not free just included in the price and even then at over £200pp for Ocean View cabin is extortionate.

If you Take off the price of the Tips and the drink package(Which are far from free) would it be a reasonable charge per night??.

We looked at the Balcony deal but £2k for a 4 nighter is bloody expensive by any standards.

Looking at booking a Guaranteed Cabin deal for next years we get lots of perks via the Captains club including free tea and coffee plus 2 hours happy hour at night....Davybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×