Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

Wheelchair help on P&O?

We will be taking a wheelchair for the first time on our next cruise.

Do P&O provide any help getting on and off the ship in Southampton?

Celebrity provide help from the minute you enter the terminal and get you to your cabin.

Thanks in advance ....Davybe

13 hours ago, *Dancing Queen* said:

I'm not sure but I believe you have to register with P&O if you require assistance, I think there is also a separate check in desk which fast tracks you through check in   - Towny would be the one to ask. 

Our agent got P&O to send us a form to fill in, which you detail your problems and what type of chair you will take ,lots of other stuff as well....Davybe

My father in law needed wheelchair help on and off at Southampton earlier this year.

We just had to register get to the cruise terminal and let the check in staff know. We were aked to take a seat and shortly two gents with a wheelchair appeared and were absolutly brilliant helping us right onto the ship and to the restaurant. On docking we were given a time to be at the Limelight (Britannnia) where again tw0 chaps wheeled him right off the ship helped find the luggae and get him to the cruise terminal.

The help and assistance was top class and made what could have been a tricky on and off ship a breeze - brilliant service.