Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

Would you pack this??

3 hours ago, Davybe said:

From the "Express " on line.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/cruise/1086170/cruise-ship-cruises-duct-tape-luggage-packing-holidays

They are recommending duct tape as an item you should take on your cruise??

You could also take a felt tip pen to do some Graffiti ,or a sharp knife to carve your name in the handrails?......Davybe

Thanks Davybe, what an interesting article. I think everyone should carry duct tape as it can be used across the mouth to prevent all thise boring comments being made, wrapped round the forms to have gratuities being claimed and placed. Across lift doors to prevent unauthorised access by those terrible physically fit passengers getting in 😂😂😂. I am sure there are other uses which others can add.

To be serious .....  I have never taken duct tape on a cruise, but when my suitcase was damaged recently a fellow passenger provided some to repair it.  He just had a small amount wrapped round a pencil, but said he never travelled without it.  Duct tape may be on my list from now on.

18 hours ago, Captain Kidd II said:

Thanks Davybe, what an interesting article. I think everyone should carry duct tape as it can be used across the mouth to prevent all thise boring comments being made, wrapped round the forms to have gratuities being claimed and placed. Across lift doors to prevent unauthorised access by those terrible physically fit passengers getting in 😂😂😂. I am sure there are other uses which others can add.

Like it, my Sister in Law was thinking of having t Shirts printed with "This is a no moan zone" after getting fed up with the constant moaning from some passengers on her cruise...Davybe

I often take it now after having a hard shell case get smashed en route on it`s first outing to South Africa. The scarey trip to purchase tape to last my travels  at a local "supermarket" complete with hand cleaners to combat the spread of aids, cashiers sat inside bullet proof cages and being followed out and down the road after purchase left me never wanting to be in  such a position again.

It is amazing what you find you need on a cruise, or indeed any holiday, on our recent January Caribbean round trip cruise we found we needed some superglue on day 1, fortunately we found a little supermarket in Madeira on day 4 that stocked it, and it will now reside in our holiday essential non prescription medication  bag for future holidays.

Funny the things you find you need, have difficulty finding and buying to solve a problem, then never travel without it

But then never need it again, my holiday bag is full of such stuff, now out of date, or dry as bone, however seem to need the glasses repair kit, my sun glasses, or reading glasses I have one arm falling off or a screw missing so my pound shop kit gets used most holidays.