Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

Time to Wave Goodby

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6748409/Hapless-couple-look-Symphony-Seas-cruise-ship-strands-Bahamas.html

How on Earth you miss departure by 45minutes beats me?

image.png.78dc1c5d5fb4a10eb8eb1170f5b805ab.png

We have seen this Happen in the Caribbean a couple of times , never on a P&O ship but with RCI and Celebrity. One Couple had to use the Pilot boat to catch us up , much to fellow passengers cheering and clapping.....Davybe

Whether it's arrogance, stupidity or both I have not an ounce sympathy for these people.

The explanation will probably show that they had a good reason for being late and that I'm an awful person for my statement. But hey ho, I'll have to live with that!

RayO

We have seen this. Also some passengers only just make the ships departure and just stroll back to the ship, no urgency. We always aim to be back on board at least an hour before the scheduled departure time  unless we are on a tour when we know the ship will wait for the coach. 

15 hours ago, cruise addict said:

We have seen this. Also some passengers only just make the ships departure and just stroll back to the ship, no urgency. We always aim to be back on board at least an hour before the scheduled departure time  unless we are on a tour when we know the ship will wait for the coach. 

One good reason to take a ships tour ,they will wait for you if for any reason you're late.

If you are delayed phoning the port Agent may help you get a delayed departure, they will inform the ship as to why your going to be late....Davybe

I am generalizing, but often the people who miss the ship have been in a local bar, not on a tour.  When we take a private tour we always ask to be back an  hour before all aboard time.  In these days of social media, a company that caused passengers to miss their ship would be out of business pretty quickly.

7 hours ago, smtcan said:

I am generalizing, but often the people who miss the ship have been in a local bar, not on a tour.  When we take a private tour we always ask to be back an  hour before all aboard time.  In these days of social media, a company that caused passengers to miss their ship would be out of business pretty quickly.

Cannot find the link but, The young Lady is a film star?? and they claimed they returned to the ship the same time as they had done on previous days.The ship had departed at 4-30 at other ports, but at 3-30 this day?

Now Every ship we have sailed on they announce that you are free to go on shore at tell you the time to get back on board. As you leave the ship there is a notice telling you what time crew and passengers need to be back for. They cannot make it much simpler ....Davybe

8 hours ago, smtcan said:

Yes I only book 3rd party tours that guarantee a ship return or link up travel to get back to the ship in a catastrophic event.