sapperjoe

Xmas and New Year cruise

I am a single lady , mid 60's who loves cruising but doesn't like Xmas as its usually spent alone. I cruise mainly with P&O but am open to offers . Anyone fancy a Xmas /New Year cruise this year?

I think I read your original post incorrectly as I thought you were looking for someone to share so I apologise for that otherwise I would have replied earlier.

We have been cruising over Christmas/New Year for the last 30 years it has become a way of life for us and is definitely our favourite time of year to cruise. 

I am assuming as a single lady you probably prefer the convenience of sailing out of Southampton, as well as P&O Cunard also have two ships sailing from there this year .. QV going to the Canaries or QM2 going to¬†New York/Caribbean, if you enjoy dancing then I would recommend Cunard as they have 'gentleman hosts' so you don't need a partner¬†ūüėȬ†and even if you don't it's a good opportunity to¬†learn, unlike my screen name might suggest I am not a dancer but I do love to sit and watch,¬†I could give you a hundred reasons why Cunard might be for you but don't take my word for it give them a try I don't think you would be disappointed !!¬†¬†

I'm a bit of a Cunard fanatic so they would always be my first choice but I believe there are other cruise lines who sail from the UK so it might be worth looking at Fred Olsen or CMV, we haven't sailed with either but both seem to get very good reviews,  the only downside seems to be their ships are quite old but then sometimes 'old' can equate to 'charm' 

I would say go for it if there is nothing to keep you at home and you will get a bit of sunshine into the bargain. 

Edited by *Dancing Queen*

Hi and thanks for your reply. To be honest I am looking to make new friends who have similar interests to me and enjoy cruising as I dont want to travel alone. I know it's easy to make friends on board, but travelling solo is just not for me. Dont really mind whether it's a fly cruise or sailing out of Southampton but has to be a max of 15 nights as I am still working

18 hours ago, sapperjoe said:

Why not? I did one a couple of years ago and it was one of the best Xmas/New Year's I've ever had 

Expensive ,poor quality food, Sandwich slices of Turkey for Christmas diner.overall food and service on Ventura not very good at all.

I have low expectation when we book P&O but in the main enjoy their product, but paying more for a poor experience, never again....Davybe

On 3/12/2019 at 5:49 PM, sapperjoe said:

Hi and thanks for your reply. To be honest I am looking to make new friends who have similar interests to me and enjoy cruising as I dont want to travel alone. I know it's easy to make friends on board, but travelling solo is just not for me. Dont really mind whether it's a fly cruise or sailing out of Southampton but has to be a max of 15 nights as I am still working

I can understand your wish to make new friends and not to travel alone, all I will say is travelling at the same time of year ( Xmas ) and especially with the same cruise line you seem to bump into the same people year after year so you soon get to know people, we have several single friends - all met on cruises and we look forward each year to meeting up with them.