Sign in to follow this  
Leer

P & O going down hill

37 minutes ago, Davybe said:

We found Britania OK and the food overall very good.

Why P&O are amongst the worst at getting passengers off the ship, they need to look at how others manage to do it,We are considering taking our own cases off next cruise ,just so we do not get so stressed out trying to get home....Davybe

It can only be the size of the baggage hall that is the problem, certainly on Eclipse at City Terminal there always felt to be more room to wander round searching for your luggage, we are back there in July on Independence so I will try and take a bit more notice.  Our recent cruise on Aurora lead to a crowded baggage scrum in Mayflower, and on Ventura in January it was far worse as you can imagine.  Have they not increased the Ocean terminal baggage hall in the recent refurb?  If not they will certainly need to before Iona launches next year.

9 hours ago, towny44 said:

It can only be the size of the baggage hall that is the problem, certainly on Eclipse at City Terminal there always felt to be more room to wander round searching for your luggage, we are back there in July on Independence so I will try and take a bit more notice.  Our recent cruise on Aurora lead to a crowded baggage scrum in Mayflower, and on Ventura in January it was far worse as you can imagine.  Have they not increased the Ocean terminal baggage hall in the recent refurb?  If not they will certainly need to before Iona launches next year.

No they havent altered baggage hall and it was chaotic on Saturday not helped by the fact that Britannia didnt arrive in Southampton until 0830 and as first independent passengers didnt get off the ship until 1115 and then there was 2 queues the full length of the baggage hall with people trying to get through customs with everyone checked by one Border Force sniffer dog causing further delays.

12 hours ago, sinbad10 said:

No they havent altered baggage hall and it was chaotic on Saturday not helped by the fact that Britannia didnt arrive in Southampton until 0830 and as first independent passengers didnt get off the ship until 1115 and then there was 2 queues the full length of the baggage hall with people trying to get through customs with everyone checked by one Border Force sniffer dog causing further delays.

We have seen lots of customs officers searching bags on our last few cruises, the "Baccy smugglers " must be getting frustrated?

Our last cruise on Azura we were on time but us and a few hundred more were held in a restaurant for over an hour past the predicted departure time, needless to say people were getting restless and short tempered ,they then let us all out at the same time,(They did try to control it) we just joined a very long queue to leave.

We were over an hour late getting on the coach, and waited another hour or more as P&O had forgotten a wheelchair passenger who ended up really distressed at being left. spoiled a nice cruise....Davybe 

32 minutes ago, Davybe said:

We have seen lots of customs officers searching bags on our last few cruises, the "Baccy smugglers " must be getting frustrated?

Our last cruise on Azura we were on time but us and a few hundred more were held in a restaurant for over an hour past the predicted departure time, needless to say people were getting restless and short tempered ,they then let us all out at the same time,(They did try to control it) we just joined a very long queue to leave.

We were over an hour late getting on the coach, and waited another hour or more as P&O had forgotten a wheelchair passenger who ended up really distressed at being left. spoiled a nice cruise....Davybe 

I do find P&O's method of disembarkation far too controlled, with no general announcements except in the waiting venues.  On Celebrity the announcements are ship wide and we always tried to time our breakfast so that we finished about the time our colour/number was called, more often than not our group was called while we were still eating so we just headed straight to the gangway after breakfast.  No worries, no hassle just a far more relaxing experience.

4 minutes ago, towny44 said:

I do find P&O's method of disembarkation far too controlled, with no general announcements except in the waiting venues.  On Celebrity the announcements are ship wide and we always tried to time our breakfast so that we finished about the time our colour/number was called, more often than not our group was called while we were still eating so we just headed straight to the gangway after breakfast.  No worries, no hassle just a far more relaxing experience.

We found the same with Celebrity always off before time.Even the coach drivers tell the same tale P&O the worst one passengers always late...Davybe

4 hours ago, Davybe said:

Loads of officers but no actual baggage searches being done when we went through just one officer with dog sniffing as you went past in single file and this is what was causing the queues. People though are taking risks because they either dont know that they are limited to 1litre of spirits and 200 cigs or just getting carried away with cheap prices.

On 5/18/2019 at 7:55 PM, sinbad10 said:

Returned today from our cruise on Britannia. Having done many cruises in the past with P&O  but have not done many in the last five years only 3 on Britannia compared to doing 3 a year since 2000. I have been critical of P&O that is why we have virtually stopped cruising with them and to be honest was not looking forward to our cruise on Britannia. But I have to be truthful and say the food throughout the ship was as good as it was on the maiden voyage with plenty of choice on menus at dinner and served good portions and food was always hot. We did freedom dining and always asked to share a table and varied our meal times from 6-30pm until as late as 8-30pm and was only  once told we needed a pager and there would be a wait of 20 minutes which wasnt a problem this however turned out to be no longer than less than 5 minutes. Staff throughout the ship always happy and polite and as this was the first cruise since dropping of auto gratuities service was excellent with no dropping of standards. The only downside was late arrival of Britannia into Southampton and not leaving the ship until 1115 and the chaotic disembarkation procedures which would put me off ever going on Iona especially trying to find your suitcases in the baggage hall which today caused massive queues and it was a further hour before we left the CPS car park at 1215.

Thoroughly enjoyed my recent cruise to the Canaries on Britannia, reading varying reviews I was pleasantly surprised with the ship and would certainly cruise on her again.

My disembarkation experience was different to some of the other forum members.

After waiting in the dining room to leave the ship at 8.15, we were asked to proceed to the gangway and baggage collection where I found my cases without any problem (they are brightly coloured)!  Walking through Customs there were a number of Police and one sniffer dog, by 8.45 I was sitting on the Eavesway coach - all going very well ....

Our coach made its way to the dock gates where passengers from Azura were due to join us for their journey home. Waiting  on the coach for over an hour for them to arrive, we were informed there was a problem with their disembarkation (this has been covered elsewhere on the forum).

Hopefully when I cruise on her next year they will be more organised.