Pies2017

Room comparisons on P+O

Hello all, 

Apologies if this has already been covered in another thread (I had a look but couldn't find anything similar). My family (wife, two small children and I) are looking to book our next P+O cruise. We have spotted a cruise that ticks all our boxes on Britannia but we haven't been on Britannia so we are unsure about rooms etc. We love going out on the balcony so a good balcony is a must for us but after reading not only this forum but others, we have seen people saying Britannia balconies are small.

Our balcony on Azura was perfect for us all last time, space for us all to sit outside and enjoy it.

Can anyone that's been on Britannia and either Azura or Ventura offer some advice on balcony size between them all?

The Britannia plans and pictures we have seen do look smaller than Azura / Ventura but we were wondering (before we spend the money) if it's too much of a problem for anyone or if we are just overthinking it!

We have tried to book a ship tour of Britannia but they haven't been released for 2019 yet (or at least that's what their website says).

Thanks

1 hour ago, Pies2017 said:

Hello all, 

Apologies if this has already been covered in another thread (I had a look but couldn't find anything similar). My family (wife, two small children and I) are looking to book our next P+O cruise. We have spotted a cruise that ticks all our boxes on Britannia but we haven't been on Britannia so we are unsure about rooms etc. We love going out on the balcony so a good balcony is a must for us but after reading not only this forum but others, we have seen people saying Britannia balconies are small.

Our balcony on Azura was perfect for us all last time, space for us all to sit outside and enjoy it.

Can anyone that's been on Britannia and either Azura or Ventura offer some advice on balcony size between them all?

The Britannia plans and pictures we have seen do look smaller than Azura / Ventura but we were wondering (before we spend the money) if it's too much of a problem for anyone or if we are just overthinking it!

We have tried to book a ship tour of Britannia but they haven't been released for 2019 yet (or at least that's what their website says).

Thanks

We had a balcony cabin on the aft of the ship and dont know if all the same but the one we had  you would struggle to get 2 adults , 2 children on. Other than that she is a beautiful ship with plenty of differing areas to entertain and is our favourite P&O ship.

Thanks, have heard great things about the ship. I'm going to give P+O a call and see if they can tell me when the ship visits will be as I'm sure we will go along and take a look.

Having returned from my first cruise on Britannia at the weekend, I agree with sinbad10 a beautiful ship. 

Balconies are small compared with other ships, my cabin was Port side on F deck midship and found the balcony adequate for one person - Personally I feel two adults and two Children would be very cramped.

Azura and Ventura have spacious extended balconies on C deck (my favourite deck) which are part shaded and part open, they will accommodate four people comfortably.

Hope you find your ideal cabin, and cruise.

Edited by TrentAnn
Wrong day inserted

Thanks for the info,

Hope you had a good cruise!

I have checked with P and O and they have said they are not doing ship tours this year! ... I think we are going to go for it and just live with the smaller balcony. Everything I have seen or read so far indicates Britannia will be amazing!

Thanks again

On 24 April 2019 at 9:26 AM, Pies2017 said:

Thanks for the info,

Hope you had a good cruise!

I have checked with P and O and they have said they are not doing ship tours this year! ... I think we are going to go for it and just live with the smaller balcony. Everything I have seen or read so far indicates Britannia will be amazing!

Thanks again

Thoroughly enjoyed my cruise. I hope you have the same experience should you decide to sail on Britannia.

On 4/22/2019 at 2:19 PM, Pies2017 said:

Hello all, 

Thanks

The balconies on Britannia are not very wide ,and with the full chairs it has only enough space for two people, there are some nice places to sit around the ship ,they have a nice little pool at the back of the ship .

P1010835.jpeg

P1010800.jpeg

Edited by Davybe
to add pictures