Sign in to follow this  
Ikea Logistics

Daily Service Charge on UK bookings now included in the price

Will this become the trend, Marrella ,P&O MSC, and Celebrity are at the moment including Tips as part of the package, hopefully a sign of things to come...Davybe

3 hours ago, Davybe said:

Will this become the trend, Marrella ,P&O MSC, and Celebrity are at the moment including Tips as part of the package, hopefully a sign of things to come...Davybe

I am hoping this will become the norm for sailings out of the UK.

Princess have gone the opposite way they have increased their daily gratuities and have also increased service charge added to all drinks from 15% to 18%.

Edited by sinbad10

39 minutes ago, towny44 said:

From the level of discounting currently being done by Princess and RCI I think any upward price movement is rather foolhardy, but time will tell.

Being a regular cruiser on Princess sailing from the UK discounts for 2019 have nowhere near been as good as they have in previous years.

1 hour ago, Ikea Logistics said:

Just to add this is for bookings made only on the UK website

I assume that bookings made via a UK travel agent would also qualify, as they would have to be made on the UK site by the TA, if not I suspect the TA's would be up in arms!

21 hours ago, sinbad10 said:

Princess have gone the opposite way they have increased their daily gratuities and have also increased service charge added to all drinks from 15% to 18%.

When Celebrity first sailed from the UK they added 15% to all drinks which caused a lot of complaints. So they incorporated the 15% into the prices we pay Ex UK and the complaints stopped and sales went up.

All a question of Marketing the deal IMO.......Davybe

16 hours ago, towny44 said:

I assume that bookings made via a UK travel agent would also qualify, as they would have to be made on the UK site by the TA, if not I suspect the TA's would be up in arms!

correct