Sign in to follow this  
lolandjen

Luggage storage in cabins?

She WMBO has decided to renew our suitcases with more modern items which are 30cm in depth.  On our previous cruises we have always tucked our suitcases under the beds.  Please please tell me that they will still fit under the beds when we sail on Oriana for its final cruise in July as cabin space is limited at best.  Fingers crossed.

24 minutes ago, Pesky Pirate said:

Possibly not. You can always ask the cabin steward if they could be stored. They used to do that but not sure if they still do.

Hello Pesky Pirate.  I never knew that.  Wonder if anyone can confirm or otherwise?

4 hours ago, lolandjen said:

She WMBO has decided to renew our suitcases with more modern items which are 30cm in depth.  On our previous cruises we have always tucked our suitcases under the beds.  Please please tell me that they will still fit under the beds when we sail on Oriana for its final cruise in July as cabin space is limited at best.  Fingers crossed.

My suitcases are 29cm deep, I was able to store them closed under the bed recently on Britannia. Possibly leaving the cases open to reduce the depth would be an option if they’re a tight fit. 

Never been in any Cabin that would not take our cases under the bed, and they are 29/30cm deep .

Would not buy an extra case unless it was to replace a broken one....Davybe

Thanks all for your welcome advice.  As it happens the old suitcases were well worn and needed replacing, it was my better half who worried if they would fit under the bed.  Hopefully the cases will see the underside of a few more ships beds before we have to call it quits.

On a different tack, it looks like Oriana's final cruise is a sell out as I have not seen it advertised recently.  Looking forward to it.

On 6/27/2019 at 12:45 PM, TrentAnn said:

My suitcases are 29cm deep, I was able to store them closed under the bed recently on Britannia. Possibly leaving the cases open to reduce the depth would be an option if they’re a tight fit. 

Just to advise that the cases when closed would not quite fit under the beds but fitted fine when opened.  On another tack the cruise was really good, and the weather was exceptional.  First time we had been to Norway and Svalbard, most impressed.  Cannot find any links on Oriana's last cruise.  Is there any?