Sign in to follow this  
alwood

alwood

going on aurora september to new york and canada,any advice on which p&o tours to take,have not been to new york before so any advice will be helpfull, also are shuttle 

bus provided in all countries.

I'm also on this cruise, and, like you have never been there before. 

My advice is to get your skates on. I booked mine 3 weeks ago, and was wait listed for one tour in New York. Luckily it came through a few days later. 

Shuttles are not provided in all ports.

We went a couple of years ago on Arcadia, super holiday. We did two tours in New York. The first evening we did the skyline from Brooklyn, then on to the Empire State Building the views at night from the top were magical. Then we finish the tour in Times Square at about 10.30pm after a walk around to Soak up the atmosphere we were taken back to the ship.

The next morning we did the Statue of Liberty then on to Ellis island. Both brilliant.

We booked the evening tour the first evening as we had been told the immigration can take forever. As we did not have anything booked during the first day we ended up being in the last group to go through.  They started about 10.30 and we were cleared at 15.00. The whole ship, passengers and crew have to go through and nobody is allowed back on until the process is complete.