Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

Worth Watching (Maybe)

Channel 5 on Friday . 9pm

The World most expensive Ship? a 4 part  series featuring Seven Sees Explorer ?

Maybe of interest to some ...Davybe

22 hours ago, cruise addict said:

I. Might watch it, but have no intention of going on it.

At the prices they charge its a No No from us, unless that lotto fairy visits...Davybe

There certainly was something on TV about this ship but it was about how it was designed and built.  This may be another 'fly-on-the-wall' documentary.  Mind you, with their prices I hope there aren't any flies on the walls 😁

On 8/18/2019 at 2:37 PM, towny44 said:

I am fairly certain this has been on before.

Not according to the schedules ,but there may be shown on a Sky or Virgin subscription channel....Davybe

There may have been a programme about its building, e.g. lots of marble and gold taps, but this series looks new.

They all tend to meld into one eventually. no doubt there'll be the stock scenes about loading food, the odd engine problem, late passengers and, my favourite, the tricky nature of getting into a new port along with unusual requests from some onboard this being a six star cruise.

I'll still watch it though.

RayO

Well we found it interesting Enough (I Stayed Awake) but they IMO spent to much time telling us how much everything cost(A Lot) even down to the price of a flower vase, not exactly riveting TV,the food looked very nice but then it should on what is claimed to be a 6 star line.

As nice as it was I would not rush to book the ship even if I could afford it....Davybe

4 hours ago, Davybe said:

Well we found it interesting Enough (I Stayed Awake) but they IMO spent to much time telling us how much everything cost(A Lot) even down to the price of a flower vase, not exactly riveting TV,the food looked very nice but then it should on what is claimed to be a 6 star line.

As nice as it was I would not rush to book the ship even if I could afford it....Davybe

Nor would we. I don't think we're posh enough cos having a butler would drive me mad (hands off my dirty washing- don't wrap it up when clean either) & I'd we terrified of breaking something!⚱🔨😢

On 8/24/2019 at 2:07 PM, 2torts said:

Nor would we. I don't think we're posh enough cos having a butler would drive me mad (hands off my dirty washing- don't wrap it up when clean either) & I'd we terrified of breaking something!⚱🔨😢

don't put yourself down you are just as good as those who can afford it(and probably better company) .

We have friends who worked. on the cruise liners and in their opinion the wealthy tend to be only interested in what your worth, not you as a person.

I guess the Butler will let you unpack and repack if told to ?....Davybe

Recorded it and watched Sunday. Pretty much the same old, same old... Didn't care for the pushy American woman. Chef rushing around town to source some fresh fish, seen it before. We still have an engineering problem, late passengers and tricky docking procedures to look forward to.

Although there were a few rich people, most appeared to be just normal folks that had decided to splash out the cash as a one-off.

Also worth checking out other ship related programmes such as Monster Ships on Yesterday. ONE Columba was last week and was really interesting.

RayO