willow_12

Flight Seat Booker....

Guest 132LK132

dst87 claims that £30 per person is not bad. Quite clearly he is not travelling as a family of 5. Then it is £150!

Furthermore, all this labelling of reputable lines not charging etc is a nonsense - its a business, if there is a route to extract additional dosh from the consumer, the line will take it! For goodness sake BA charge for it if you pre-book more than 24 hours before departure.

I certainly would not pre-book and I have never not got seated together.

I agree that it is nice to sit together and to ensure that, it is best to book your seats, but having booked premium seats for £200 at the time and then have to pay again to be sure we sit together is a little annoying. I understand that this is increasing to £300 this year.

I always thought that if you do a fly cruise - say caribbean on P & O that the plane was chartered to the ship and a similar scenario happened with your luggage as if you were going on Eavesway. If this is the case I would have thought that it would have been possible to allocate seating so that everyone in a party sat together or nearly. 

You are right Pesky Pirate P&O used to just allocate seats to you not that long ago but like everything these days they have seen a way to get extra revenue at no cost what so ever to them.

Like Stewards2 has said it annoys me that I pay a good amount of money to upgrade and then they want yet more to pre book a seat I find it really cheeky of them.

Whenever we have done a fly cruise we have never paid the extra for prebooking seats and have always been seated together. I think most airlines will always try to accommodate you.

I too always pre-book my seats, unlike some of the people posting comments I actually like to spend time with my husband and would be upset if we were not seated together.

I have done a caribbean fly cruise with p&o and know that not pre booking seats is going to disappoint someone as the seats are a 2 3 2, so its unavoidable that someone will be split.  We didn't pre book our seats and there was 3 of us travelling 2 of us sat together leaving 1 on their own.  On taking the ventura mediterranean fly cruise we pre booked our seats beforehand and would continue to do this on any other future cruises.  I love the charter flights with p&o expecially going to the caribbean as it gives direct flights and I have noticed on other cruises who do not use charters there is nearly always a change of flights and of course you then have to collect your own luggage as its not sent all the way through to the ship in the way that only p&o can do. Hope this information is useful

The last time we went on a Caribbean cruise we paid for the premium seats and it was worth every penny, the priority boarding, extra room, better food and drinks. We sat on the plane drinking champagne whilst everyone else boarded in the UK and eating choc ices in the Caribbean You do need to ask though as sometimes it is not advertised in the brochure.

hi just wondering if other people pre book their seats when doing a fly cruise. im going in august so would you recommend doing this for the extra amount they charge?

i always pre book mine because one time i was at the front and my partner was at the back, do they use the dreamliner now for thomson caribbean fly cruises?