Sign in to follow this  
Pesky Pirate

Where is everyone

It’s been very quiet on here over the past week, I’m just wondering if everyone is ok. Perhaps you are all avoiding the rain and are on a ship sailing off into the sunset somewhere...

Anyways I hope all is well...

PP

6 hours ago, Pesky Pirate said:

It’s been very quiet on here over the past week, I’m just wondering if everyone is ok. Perhaps you are all avoiding the rain and are on a ship sailing off into the sunset somewhere...

PP

En route to Cornwall for a weeks break 🏄‍♀️

Had a crap week going to have to have Dialysis ,canceled cruise ,waiting for hospital to start treatment,

It took 20 yers to reach this stage so cannot complain....Davybe

3 hours ago, Davybe said:

Had a crap week going to have to have Dialysis ,canceled cruise ,waiting for hospital to start treatment,

Sorry to see your comment. Best of luck.

20 hours ago, Pesky Pirate said:

PP

I had been thinking the same. It has been very quiet, I wish we were sailing off into the sunset our next cruise is in February and it seems a long way away.

So sorry to Davybe that your unwell, think that maybe putting it mildly? 

We are off on Wednesday on the Queen Vic, not been on Cunard for two years, will be nice to see our favourite ship, nice to see some sun as well, after rain and more rain.

Yes PP it has gone A bit silent on here 

Hope all the forum regulars are well

5 hours ago, Davybe said:

Sorry to hear this news Davybe I hope all goes well, shame about having to cancel your cruise but health always comes first, I prey all goes well and there'll be plenty more cruises for you to look forward too in the future.

HLM.

7 hours ago, Davybe said:

Best wishes, Davybe.

DavidH

On 10/5/2019 at 11:43 AM, Davybe said:

Sorry to hear this Davybe, all the best and I hope your treatment goes well xx

Just happened to pop in here for a peek and saw this thread. Still trying to retire to maybe travel more but it's just not working out. We would love to cruise to the UK and then over to Normandy. Just not in the cards for now. We did cruise last month--an 8 day Eastern Carib out of Charleston and we have worked out a B2B for New Year 2020 out of New Orleans on the Carnival Glory.
Wishing all forum members well and especially for Davybe!

Have been away on trips and like others of my age, spending time receiving hospital treatment, but most of the time when I have looked in many of the posts were all about P&O, in fact when I look at 'Unread Content 11 are about P&O which personally does not interest me.

Many of the old regulars have gone elsewhere, this seems to happen with all forums. Some seem to go when Solent Richard and a couple of others departed whilst others went when the forum changed its layout.

As always, just my opinion.

11 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

Have been away on trips and like others of my age, spending time receiving hospital treatment, but most of the time when I have looked in many of the posts were all about P&O, in fact when I look at 'Unread Content 11 are about P&O which personally does not interest me.

Many of the old regulars have gone elsewhere, this seems to happen with all forums. Some seem to go when Solent Richard and a couple of others departed whilst others went when the forum changed its layout.

As always, just my opinion.

As you put it just an opinion.

You may have hit the nail on the head when referring to P&O ,particularly Tipping threads seemed very popular, and anyone trying to start anything political and in the news seems to get ignored .

Not hard to see interest drop when no one can be bothered to answer....Davybe

On 10 October 2019 at 8:20 PM, Oldworldtraveller said:

Many of the old regulars have gone elsewhere, this seems to happen with all forums. Some seem to go when Solent Richard and a couple of others departed whilst others went when the forum chang

Hi OWT, But Solent Richard was banned for his continued stalking and harassment of members not only here but other forums, something he continues to do to this day not only on his own blog but across the few other forums he's still allowed to post.

This forum is certainly better without the likes of him, even if there are quieter periods.

HLM.

1 hour ago, HLM said:

Hi OWT, But Solent Richard was banned for his continued stalking and harassment of members not only here but other forums, something he continues to do to this day not only on his own blog but across the few other forums he's still allowed to post.

This forum is certainly better without the likes of him, even if there are quieter periods.

HLM.

I always found Solent Richard to be a useful fount of information, he did have strong views on lots of issues but no more so than many others, myself included and I would also include you in that category, so if he was banned I worry about the partiality of the forum moderators.

1 hour ago, towny44 said:

I always found Solent Richard to be a useful fount of information, he did have strong views on lots of issues but no more so than many others, myself included and I would also include you in that category, so if he was banned I worry about the partiality of the forum moderators.

I definitely have strong views Towny, however there's a clear and obvious difference between strong views and his continued damn right nastiness, stalking and trolling of several members of not only this forum but others as well.

People are more than welcome to their opinions of this so called gentleman, I'm quite clear of my opinion of him are.

I'd imagine you would've visited his personal blog at some point and the section where he discusses other forums, I don't think I need to say anymore other than if you haven't maybe you should.

HLM.

There is no problem having strong views and beliefs but there is a different in that and being rude and offensive which Solent Richard often was and when you are banned from varying forums even though he puts a differing spin on his own blog then that tells you something. Not sorely missed.

Edited by sinbad10

30 minutes ago, sinbad10 said:

There is no problem having strong views and beliefs but there is a different in that and being rude and offensive which Solent Richard often was and when you are banned from varying forums even though he puts a differing spin on his own blog then that tells you something. Not sorely missed.

Perfectly put Sinbad.

HLM.

12 hours ago, HLM said:

HLM.

Hi HLM,

Didn't mean to start a controversial discussion but just point out, that not just when he went, but also several others, the forum went quiet and has remained so. It seems the only time there is a flurry of activity now is when something controversial comes up.  This has the knock on effect that when new members come to the forum and see that its been virtually inactive for days on end they go somewhere else. Such is the problem of a forum that only deals in one specific subject. Many people I know who used to spend time on forums now spend time following various bloggers on their Facebook and Twitter pages, they frequent the Facebook pages of their favourite cruise lines as they receive more interaction from their fellow travellers.               We live in changing times. 

OWT

9 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

Didn't mean to start a controversial discussion

Hi OWT.

Apologies OWT but it never even crossed my mind that you'd knowingly started a controversial discussion, it's just that the mere mention of that name stirs people up, me included.

He's tried to ruin many a forum and to some extent succeeded as a lot of those he abused left and never returned or had to change user names etc just to try and escape the abuse, yet to this day he continues to do it across several platforms.

Wouldn't mind betting where extracts of this discussion subsequently end up!!!

HLM.

7 hours ago, HLM said:

Hi OWT.

Apologies OWT but it never even crossed my mind that you'd knowingly started a controversial discussion, it's just that the mere mention of that name stirs people up, me included.

He's tried to ruin many a forum and to some extent succeeded as a lot of those he abused left and never returned or had to change user names etc just to try and escape the abuse, yet to this day he continues to do it across several platforms.

Wouldn't mind betting where extracts of this discussion subsequently end up!!!

HLM.

I was one that left this forum due to his abuse and personal attacks and lost all my posts count. He now frequents, but not as often, another cruise forum I use but I use a different user name where he doesnt.

Edited by sinbad10

Hi everyone,

I've been absent for a couple of weeks or so too.  Fortunately for me, I was avoiding all the rain by being down in Southern Spain.  I think it is quite normal for forums to go quiet at times - especially out of the main Summer cruising season.

Andrew

Edited by afcandrew
addition

14 hours ago, sinbad10 said:

I was one that left this forum due to his abuse and personal attacks and lost all my posts count. He now frequents, but not as often, another cruise forum I use but I use a different user name where he doesnt.

Hi Sinbad, unfortunately you're just one of several present and former members he takes great pleasure in continuing to abuse, and all this from someone who claims to have been a senior officer in our armed forces.

Shocking isn't it?

HLM.