Sign in to follow this  
Pesky Pirate

Where is everyone

I'm still around. I've recently been on a back to back of 28 days on the Queen Victoria.  As we've jumped ship from P&O and are unlikely to book a cruise with them again I've found I'm not interested in any threads about them. Perhaps I should start a thread about why Cunard should include the gratuities in the price of the cruise as P&O have done.😉

8 hours ago, HLM said:

Hi Sinbad, unfortunately you're just one of several present and former members he takes great pleasure in continuing to abuse, and all this from someone who claims to have been a senior officer in our armed forces.

Shocking isn't it?

HLM.

Having worked for 34yrs in a uniformed emergency I know what rank and uniform does to some people at first hand and can make some into bullies because they hide behind the rank and discipline code.

Edited by sinbad10

I'm still here but only just realised it was back in May that I last asked for information about a Christmas cruise booked on QV, which Dancing Queen was kind enough to give me some useful tips on.  Can not believe, after having a very traumatic year with not only my own health but my daughter's too that my husband & I managed to get 12 of us on a short cruise in August to celebrate our Golden Wedding (only just, but that's another story)  and now it's only  1month, 25days & 15 hours - not that I'm counting of course - till our Christmas cruise!!!  I'm so sorry to hear Davybe that you have had to cancel your cruise because of ill health and I wish you well.  It may not be the same for you but it is the thought of the next cruise that has got me through some very difficult times over the last year and I don't think it was by chance my family bought me a nautical themed clutch bag with "Refuse to Sink"  embroidered on it to carry my vast quantity of pills I now have to take???  All the very best to you and other fellow cruisers who have health problems ...... remember refuse to sink!!!

Thanks for all you good wishes, and here is an update.

I have kept of dialysis for over 20 years, but knew it had to come,eventualy,this Tuesday they fitted the pipework in my tummy for the dialysis , I have opted to have it at home ,and to start with I will have 4 half hour seasons per day, and maybe go onto an overnight treatment in the future.

We will be able to take holidays even cruises as it is DIY treatment, all I need is the fluids to get delivered to the ship, (Think a world cruise may a bit much?)

All praise to the NHS staff and renal nurses at our Hospital ,and my family....Davybe

Just back from a Med cruise on the Queen Victoria and was saddened to read about your illness. Hope that it does not stop you from cruising. Several people on the cruise were new to Cunard and had swopped from P&O and Princess as they thought that these two lines were not up to there past standard. Having only cruised with Cunard over the last 10 years I think that they are now cutting corners. As for on board tipping that they add to your bill, well I think this is getting too much so went to the purses desk and got it removed. As most cruise lines have now put a stop to it so should Cunard.

Sorry to hear that Davybe, I wish you every luck for the future and long may you be able to cruise.

Friend of ours has just returned from a cruise with Cunard and was not impressed. 

Last week I had 7 days aboard Hebridean Princess and that is a ship you don't hear much about, but without, a doubt it is the best food and service I have ever had on a ship anywhere. Sunday it is off to AMA Waterways on their new ship Magna. Should be interesting as it has some new concepts to it apart from being nearly double the width of other river craft. Has anyone been on it already as I would be interested to hear their views. 

We are currently on roundtrip Transatlantic on QM2 and the cruise is excellent in every way and seen no reduction service or quality of food, which has been excellent. I suppose if you compare from years ago standard shave droped but so has the price you cannot have it both ways.

On 12 November 2019 at 4:24 PM, sinbad10 said:

We are currently on roundtrip Transatlantic on QM2 and the cruise is excellent in every way and seen no reduction service or quality of food, which has been excellent. I suppose if you compare from years ago standard shave droped but so has the price you cannot have it both ways.

Hi Sinbad, hope you continue to have a great time.

I note that as expected we've made the latest addition of the aforementioned persons blog under the Bolsover section of "cruise forums revealed". 

I make no excuses about being banned on that other site, like others before me I was banned as a result of sticking to my principles and standing up to this trolling bully, his continued obsession with us just backs up our opinions of this so called gentleman.

Hope you're having better weather than us here, have safe journey home.

HLM.