Sign in to follow this  
Graden

Responsible drinking

Just back from Celebrity cruise.

At $61 for a bottle of wine ( currently on sale in UK for £ 7.95),or by the glass for $15 ,or a can of Guiness at £10 they have achieved  a responsible drinking policy in one hit!

Maybe that's their method to force everyone onto their all inclusive deals,in which case,the responsible drinking theory I mentioned is blown.. In one hit.

12 hours ago, Graden said:

At $61 for a bottle of wine ( currently on sale in UK for £ 7.95),or by the glass for $15 ,or a can of Guiness at £10 they have achieved  a responsible drinking policy in one hit!

Maybe that's their method to force everyone onto their all inclusive deals,in which case,the responsible drinking theory I mentioned is blown.. In one hit.

As the drink package is included in most deals ,it is not a problem.

we get the "Elite " captains clubs 2 hour drink deal which is enough for us,Sadly cruise lines take the Micky as we are a captive audience ,and looking at cruise prices with or without a drink package they are pricing themselves out of the market,IMO....Davybe

On 10/10/2019 at 7:42 PM, Graden said:

Celebrity are particularly bad for massively inflating their drink prices in an attempt to force you to buy their drinks packages. Percentage wise some of their continental beers are inflated even more than your bottle of wine example. So I'd agree with your thoughts 100%. 

At least their Classic and Premium packages include waters, juices, teas, coffees, frozen drinks, cocktails, mocktails, beers, wine and spirits though. Other cruise line packages are a lot more limiting. The premium package has some fairly reasonable scotches, ports and other spirits included. Just make sure you specify your desired brand if ordering a cocktail otherwise the sneaky bartenders will use budget brands (The yanks call these well brands). 

It also annoys me a little how they have several wines and beers priced at $16 per serving so if you have the premium package where the current drink limit is $15 you have to sign for and are charged $1 for the 'upgraded' drink. This seems a bit cheap to me but the nickel and diming we're seeing on this line is really down to the current CEO Lisa Lutroff-Perlo.