Sign in to follow this  
The Harpers

P&O 2021 and 2022

I also received the brochure yesterday.  It seems that some people have got a full (195 page) edition whilst others have got an extended 'pamphlet' just listing all the cruises.

The full brochure is a bit wasted on me really as I am only interested in Arcadia and Aurora these days.  As I am on Arcadia for 39 nights in early 2021, I might have been interested in something for late Summer/Early Autumn 2021 but there is little on offer to satisfy my choices.  I think I'll probably hope to get a late deal on another cruise line for the latter stages of 2021.

The brochure strikes me as being quite different in style to those in previous years.  It seems consistent with the current evolution that appears to be happening at P&O.  Lots of use of the word "adventure" and trying to make out that if you go with P&O your are a traveller, not a tourist.  There is a 4-page spread on Iona unsurprisingly. 

I've had chance to have a good look through the brochure now and it is very clear that they are slanting their marketing heavily towards a younger demographic.  The photos of 'passengers', i.e. Models, in the brochure feature mainly 30/40 somethings, which may possibly end up being the situation on Iona but probably not on the other ships!  I do understand why they are doing this but some in that age may feel it a mis-representation of a cruise they sail on.  I have also seen a half-page ad in the London Evening Standard aimed at a younger demographic too, suggesting a typical day on Iona will be Glacier Hiking in the morning and crafting a new Gin in Iona's distillery in the afternoon...

48 minutes ago, afcandrew said:

I've had chance to have a good look through the brochure now and it is very clear that they are slanting their marketing heavily towards a younger demographic.  The photos of 'passengers', i.e. Models, in the brochure feature mainly 30/40 somethings, which may possibly end up being the situation on Iona but probably not on the other ships!  I do understand why they are doing this but some in that age may feel it a mis-representation of a cruise they sail on.  I have also seen a half-page ad in the London Evening Standard aimed at a younger demographic too, suggesting a typical day on Iona will be Glacier Hiking in the morning and crafting a new Gin in Iona's distillery in the afternoon...

Younger clientele in general spend more money whilst onboard and you cannot blame P&O for looking for new younger cruises to replace those older more traditional ones that will be no longer able to cruise with P&O. they have to look at the future and have to fill Iona and another large ship in 2022.