Sign in to follow this  
two treehouses

Considering cruising with MSC

We have cruised mostly with P&O. We are considering MSC as their itineraries seem a little more diverse. However trying a new cruise line always comes with trepidations. We enjoy the P&O dining experience in the restaurants and wondered how the MSC experience differs. I am sure the menu includes far more italian dishes than P&O - not a problem for us but how else does it differ. What about breakfast? Will we be limited to the typical Italian continental?  And the restauants - we do like to sit on our own at mealtimes Are there plenty of tables for 2? Difficult to tell from the photos on the website. We can cope adequately with the more diverse clientele and the language issue – my Italian is not bad and would be glad to practise it. Can those who have experienced MSC please advise on these and any other differences that they have experienced please. 

Late to the party on this but I have been on 3 MSC cruises and going on 4th mext december 

Breakfast in the buffet is anything from a continental if you wish to a full blown breakfast of bacon eggs toast beans just about anything you can also have breakfast in the MDR and be dealt with by a waiter

The tables for 2 get taken up very quickly and if you want to be assured of a table for 2 I would book the experience that give you anytime dining

MDR menu is varied but they do tend to have an italian night some people say that the portions are small and for some I expect they are but you can ask for 2 of each course or 1 portion each of any of the main courses

Announcements are made in around 7 languages

They will tend to seat same language people in MDR together

Have cruised with MSC several times and never been disappointed. They offer a cruise experience away from the stuffy attitude of some cruise lines and are like a breath of fresh to an industry that in the past has been steeped in tradition of formality. You are on holiday, enjoy, I am sure you will have a great time with a forward looking cruise line that has developed a huge following and has some of the most innovative ships in the industry.