Guest Solent Richard

Qm2 Golden Lion Lunchtime Jazz.

Guest Solent Richard

HI  I do agree, it's even worse live, you fancy a quiet drink and a pub lunch and all hell let lose.

Probably the most popular of all the lunchtime entertainment in the Golden Lion on QM2.

Always promulgated in the Daily Programme so no excuse for being 'in the wrong place'.

Always popular in Queen Mary 2's Golden Lion Pub is the lunchtime live Jazz sessions....

What a great way to have lunch. The patrons certainly enjoyed it - as can be seen from Richard's excellent opportunistic video. Not many places on land where you can experience that.

cheers

Harvey

Probably the most popular of all the lunchtime entertainment in the Golden Lion on QM2.

Always promulgated in the Daily Programme so no excuse for being 'in the wrong place'.

Hi  I can't disagree with your statement "Probably the most popular of all the lunchtime entertainment in the Golden Lion on QM2" but it's still a terrible racket as far as I am concerned and probably shows what poor lunchtime entertainment is presented by Cunard.  I go on a cruiise to relax, I find a quiet corner and chill out, even then I hear fellow passengers on mobiles talking to all and sundry (I am too pollte to tell them to STOP IT). 

maybe you have to be there to appreciate it

You most certainly do roseyroo - be there that is. :)  The QM2 is a very nice ship. Try it - you'll like it. ;)

cheers

Harvey

Guest Solent Richard

I wouldn't know...I wouldn't lower my standards enough to find out..

Are you saying cruising with  Thomson is  below your cruising standards?

I tried them once and would never go again. But at least I gave them a try.

Hello Rob Bar,I could not agree more, but,last week on the Queen Elizabeth both my wife wife and I felt in a minority when we did not wave our napkins.I hope I dont give the impression we are miseries,i dont think we are we just like a little decorum.

Rodger.

Guest Solent Richard

Hello Rob Bar,I could not agree more, but,last week on the Queen Elizabeth both my wife wife and I felt in a minority when we did not wave our napkins.I hope I dont give the impression we are miseries,i dont think we are we just like a little decorum.

Rodger.

LOL Rodger. I recall that neither you nor I waved hankies or napkins when we first met in the Golden Lion last September.

Its a class thing.

Hi Richard

On the 15th November 2013 you posted

"Hanky waving is not a trend on Cunard"

But then on 4th November 2014

Jaguar 01 posted

but,last week on the Queen Elizabeth both my wife and I felt in a minority when we did not wave our napkins.

Seems the times they are a changing...wink.png 

Ladies and Gentlemen,especially Terminator.May I appologise to you all for a very missleading reply by me.

For some reason,senility maybe,I thought the thread was about waving napkins in the dining room,something we never do.

I dont think I have ever seen anyone in the Golden Lion on any Cunard ship wave their napkins.

Rodger.

Guest Solent Richard

So they do wave their nappies in the dining room according to your post?

Would that be in Britannia or Grills Rodger?

I

I can probably help Rodger out here.

With over 240 nights on five different Cunard ships, and at all levels of dining venue, I have never witnessed napkin waving.

Whatever next?