Sign in to follow this  
Dysart Cruisers

New MY P&O CRUISES

We have noticed on the new 'My P&O Cruises website' (that replaces cruise personaliser).The default for Select price customers with regard to the cruise information/on shore excursion brochure is that this WILL NOT be sent in the post to you unless you tick the 'DO REQUIRE THIS BROCHURE IN THE POST' box. In cruise personaliser the default was that you received the brochure in the mail unless you opted to go green and agreed to print your own (if required). 

If anyone has an outstanding cruise and requires this brochure in the post, you will need to go to MY P&O CRUISES' and make sure this box is ticked or of course get your agent to do it for you. Obviously if you are used to printing your own cruise info (if required) and luggage labels you do not need to do anything. 

Just thought it was worth drawing everyones attention to this.

I suppose we ought to go green and save a few trees, but I do like to have the luggage labels that come with the booklet.   However we now only ever book accessible shore excursions, and then only rarely,  and these are e-mailed to us anyway, but unfortunately as yet P&O don't send one without the other.

Edited by towny44

Thanks for that Dysart Cruisers.  And well done for getting into My Cruises and using it!  On another forum I contribute to almost everyone has found it difficult to access and use.  I really don't know how P&O manage to be so dreadful at IT.  Their most recent website re-design is dreadful and now the new cruise personaliser seems to have followed suit...

1 hour ago, afcandrew said:

Thanks for that Dysart Cruisers.  And well done for getting into My Cruises and using it!  On another forum I contribute to almost everyone has found it difficult to access and use.  I really don't know how P&O manage to be so dreadful at IT.  Their most recent website re-design is dreadful and now the new cruise personaliser seems to have followed suit...

Glad I’m not alone, I was beginning to wonder if it was me 🤪

13 hours ago, towny44 said:

I suppose we ought to go green and save a few trees, but I do like to have the luggage labels that come with the booklet.   However we now only ever book accessible shore excursions, and then only rarely,  and these are e-mailed to us anyway, but unfortunately as yet P&O don't send one without the other.

Agree entirely, but we like the more robust luggage labels the same as you, and we do find it easier looking at possible shore excursions with the booklet rather than a computer screen, and my printer isn't the best so I dont really want to print a dozen pages. You're right of course about the green issue

14 hours ago, towny44 said:

Yes its you (LOL) 

No you are quite right, the whole new P&O website is poor as is the online booking system(compared to before) goodness knows how much they spent on that, yet some highly paid suits must have signed it off.

Strangely enough, I received an e-mail from P&O yesterday inviting me to log in to the new 'My P&O Cruises' for my cruise due in 46 weeks - the e-mail told me it is 46 weeks.  It promises that I will be able to book all sorts of things like shore excursions (sorry but I refuse to call them "shore experiences"), Spa treatments, Speciality Restaurants etc.  Naturally, as my cruise is still 46 weeks away, I was sceptical and of course I was proved right. None of these can be booked yet. 

I was able to log in easily enough and enter some personal details such as Passport etc.  I had a general look through and sadly there are all sorts of oddities and errors.  It is interesting to note that the length of my cruise is 18.666666666668 days! I can book Parking with CPS - which is the only company approved by Cunard.  Each port-day is listed separately with a description of the port but the page tells me I have "Time to relax and enjoy our on-board facilities".  There is a link to a sample Menu for Sindhu but it doesn't work.  Under "Gifts", I can order some ship "souveniers".  There are two paragraphs about Travel Insurance, one of which says insurance is "strongly advised" and a second immediately after it where it is "a condition of travelling with us". Under 'dining', it tells me that "we'll bring breakfast to your cabin for a small charge on selected ships" - the latest brochure still suggests continental breakfast in the cabin is still complimentary. Lastly, those more mature travellers will be relieved to know that you can select dates of birth going back to 1882 so can keep cruising until they are 137 years of age 😁.

Ah, the weird, wacky world of P&O IT 😂

I also got the email yesterday & had a go at using it. The email mentioned the cruise that we’ve got booked in Oct 21 & that worked but the one we’ve got booked before that doesn’t work. I too found it strange that the dob goes from 1882 (but it made a nice change to feel younger) but it also seemed strange that the old personaliser started with babies who wouldn’t be using it & made me feel older every year as I had to scroll further down😂 It does seem to be more complicated to use & I still haven’t found “brochure in the post” box that Dysart Cruisers mentioned. The whole P & O website seems to have got a lot harder to use & a lot worse to find anything in my opinion.

3 hours ago, 2torts said:

I also got the email yesterday & had a go at using it. The email mentioned the cruise that we’ve got booked in Oct 21 & that worked but the one we’ve got booked before that doesn’t work. I too found it strange that the dob goes from 1882 (but it made a nice change to feel younger) but it also seemed strange that the old personaliser started with babies who wouldn’t be using it & made me feel older every year as I had to scroll further down😂 It does seem to be more complicated to use & I still haven’t found “brochure in the post” box that Dysart Cruisers mentioned. The whole P & O website seems to have got a lot harder to use & a lot worse to find anything in my opinion.

To find the "Brochure by Post" bit to tick, go to "Before you Sail", then click on "Personal Details" and then scroll down almost to the bottom of the page.  You'll then find "Your holiday information - the way you want it", which gives you the two options.