Sign in to follow this  
Jenjen

Diamond princess

How will Princess cruise get over the problems with the Diamond Princess with all passengers being in quarantine must be like being in prison, no cabin service, meal left outside your door, yes I understand the need, but when passengers disembark will the air con units be well. cleaned, etc,etc

I would not like to sail on her anytime soon 

Hope this does not sound selfish because my heart goes out to those on board, I would hate it, they don’t even know when they will get home.

makes you think, just my opinion 

Good luck to all those in quarantine 

I imagine it will undergo a deep clean and sanitizing after this quarantine period ends, before it goes back into service.

One thing not mentioned is whether any confirmed cases are crew members.

Indeed, good luck to them all.  It will be interesting to see what happens.  Diamond is currently scheduled to be operating out of Japan until 2022 so I guess it will depend on what happens to the Far East cruise market after the Corona Virus situation eases.  I would imagine that Diamond will be taken out of service for at least a couple of weeks once the current pax are allowed off.

1 minute ago, towny44 said:

I imagine it will undergo a deep clean and sanitizing after this quarantine period ends, before it goes back into service.

One thing not mentioned is whether any confirmed cases are crew members.

According to an article on the BBC website today, "at least 10" out of the 174 people diagnosed on Diamond are crew members.

Poor Abel family, What a dark place that family must be in.

David and his wife now taken to hospital they must wonder when they will ever get home I fail to understand why the foreign office have not been in touch with the UK passengers and some sort of plan put in place, just shows you can’t depend on anybody, apart from your family, who have there hands tied, with no communication from anybody.

Think it’s a revelation what can happen.

My heart goes out to them

4 hours ago, Jenjen said:

Poor Abel family, What a dark place that family must be in.

David and his wife now taken to hospital they must wonder when they will ever get home I fail to understand why the foreign office have not been in touch with the UK passengers and some sort of plan put in place, just shows you can’t depend on anybody, apart from your family, who have there hands tied, with no communication from anybody.

Think it’s a revelation what can happen.

My heart goes out to them

They seemed more than happy that they were being moved off the ship, even though they will now likely be under tighter quarantine conditions.

Personally I think our government could have acted sooner. For those in quarantine on the ship who had not contracted the virus I would have thought it common sense that the longer they are left there the more chance there is of becoming infected. Why not remove those not infected after the 14 days quarantine  away from the source!!

4 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

Personally I think our government could have acted sooner. For those in quarantine on the ship who had not contracted the virus I would have thought it common sense that the longer they are left there the more chance there is of becoming infected. Why not remove those not infected after the 14 days quarantine  away from the source!!

Hindsight is one of the greatest gifts to social media posters.

I think the situation is terrible when I see the son of David Abel who is worried to death about his mother and father 

He is unable to fly out to support them and what about travel insurance? If you were taken I’ll they would fly you home! In this situation that’s not possible because it’s a quarantine situation.

have to say it’s made me think twice about far away fly cruise, I am sure a lot of you will think I’m over reacting and it’s just my opinion 

35 minutes ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

Foresight and common sense by a government is an even greater gift.

To apply foresight you need data, no one had any idea how to react to this outbreak and I doubt that future cruise ship outbreaks would follow the same procedure. With only 70 UK passengers on board compared with the many more US and Australian passengers, the UK was never going to be in the vanguard, and I guess that they were waiting to discharge those quarantined on the wirrall before bringing the DP passengers back.

It is so easy to criticise with the benefit of hindsight.

This is a pretty unprecedented situation so I certainly would not like to criticise any arrangements made.  Although there were 78 Britons aboard the ship, it looks like some may well be crew who have stayed with the ship and some were evacuated to Hong Kong in the last week - maybe they are Brits who live & work in HK?  Only 30 UK citizens were on the flight that landed this morning.  Its a terrible situation for everyone involved but the authorities of many countries are learning as they go along with this.

I am not putting the blame on anybody, I am saying the situation is very worrisome and how would it impact me and my family If it was my mother and father involved, I would be out of mind with worry, on the other hand if it was us, our children, and grandchildren would be worried.

I feel so sorry for all involved.not something you can do anything about.

It must have had an impact on the cruise industry because I have never had so much post, with offers, and emails with offers, not booking at the moment 

This appalling and frightening situation has certainly impacted on all cruise lines operating in the Far East.

Our April cruise of Japan and Russia on MS Westerdam has been cancelled by Holland America Line and I understand from Bolsover that all cruise operators have pulled out of the area.

DavidH