Sign in to follow this  
Oldworldtraveller

Scarlet Lady

The above pictures were from my overnight on Virgin Cruises new ship Scarlet Lady and the lady in the first picture is Scarlet Lady. The ship is a new concept away from traditional cruising. Some will love it others will have a different view. This ship will be based in Miami but next year the 2nd of the 'Lady' ships, Valiant Lady will be home based in Barcelona.

Not for us either. From what I have read it’s more geared up for younger travellers with a tattoo parlour etc. The furnishing looks as if it’s been bought from Ikea - nothing wrong with Ikea but the seating doesn’t look  padded enough for comfort.

1 hour ago, 2torts said:

Not for us either. From what I have read it’s more geared up for younger travellers with a tattoo parlour etc. The furnishing looks as if it’s been bought from Ikea - nothing wrong with Ikea but the seating doesn’t look  padded enough for comfort.

Great minds think alike I was just about to ask if Ikea had been involved on the fitting out, give me Celebrity style or even RCI's wow factor or even P&O's homespun comfort.  But I doubt I was ever in Virgin's target market, so what do I know.

I'm sure she will develop her own market but there is nothing I have seen or heard about the Virgin Cruises style that attracts me.  I do think she is a rather ugly brute.  Maybe quite apt that the 'face of the ship' is a drag queen.  The majority of drag queens I have seen are not pretty - and I've seen a fair few over the years 😁

This is not a ship for the traditional cruiser or someone who wants what is on offer from the current market leaders. It's about creating something new, something the young can enjoy, something they can relate to and something that has a touch of the flamboyant world hot spots about it. 22+ eateries including Razzle Dazzle, a vegetarian restaurant, The Galley where there are many serving areas like a buffet with this difference, someone serves you, so no more people picking up rolls, fruit etc and then putting them back. The Wake Steak and Seafood restaurant and many others. Numerous bars, a 2 storey night club with entertainment rather than an area that stays open late with a DJ. Running track, fitness zone, boxing, outdoor yoga and much more. The prices may appear high at first sight but when you take into account the lead in fare includes, gratuities, wi-fi, all onboard classes, speciality restaurants and the price starts to compare with others. Furniture like Ikea, wouldn't know, never been but I can say that it was comfortable in spacious areas that made a change from the norm. I only spent one night on board and didn't see it all, however from what I did see it is inventive, stylish and futuristic, however, it's not for me.

Edited by Oldworldtraveller

Just looked at OWT's photos. This looks an amazing ship with its radical new shape. As we are now both 70 this is not for us but, for the kids in the future this will very tempting I am sure. We are waiting to see what the new Cunard ship will look like as that maybe more our style.