Sign in to follow this  
DavidH

Azamara Chief Executive

So, Larry Pimentel has decided to call it a day as Royal Carribean announce sweeping job cuts.

Azamara being our favourite cruise line over recent years and with back to back cruises on Quest in the diary for November/December this year, we wonder if he is deserting sinking ships?

Having been appointed President and Chief Executive in 2009, his will be a very hard act to follow, in my view.

Fingers crossed for later this year.

DavidH

On 4/16/2020 at 12:43 PM, DavidH said:

So, Larry Pimentel has decided to call it a day as Royal Carribean announce sweeping job cuts.

Azamara being our favourite cruise line over recent years and with back to back cruises on Quest in the diary for November/December this year, we wonder if he is deserting sinking ships?

Having been appointed President and Chief Executive in 2009, his will be a very hard act to follow, in my view.

Fingers crossed for later this year.

DavidH

From what I have read, he has been a very influential figure in the Cruise Industry and will be a big loss to them.  With the current health crisis hitting the industry, the smaller ships could actually have a very good future once cruise travel opens up again.