2 hours ago, HLM said:

As the lockdown is reduced and more is learnt about the virus I'd imagine the restrictions will be more specifically targeted around certain medical conditions rather than age. 

HLM.

One would certainly hope so.

DavidH

On 4/20/2020 at 11:29 AM, dancing queen said:

Thank you for your replies but my question was not about insurance.

dancing queen - your original post which was 'will the over 70's be able to cruise in the future' I can't see why not although obviously insurance premiums will be a consideration as I can't see anyone whatever age they are booking a cruise if the coronavirus was excluded, I would expect most insurance companies will in time offer cover but it will come at a cost so this may very well be the deciding factor for people aged over 70 on whether they choose to cruise again.

Well, this particular over 70 has taken the bull by the horns.  Prompted by an email from Bolsover this morning (a follow up to an enquiry following the cancellation of our Holland America Japan and Russia cruise back in February) we have booked the same cruise again but for April 2021.  Their just announced "Have It All" promotional package, combined with the 25% future cruise credit they gave us for the cancelled 2020 cruise, meant we had an offer from HAL that was too good to miss out on...…………………...or will we?????????????

DavidH

Good for you David - hope it works out really well.  An acquaintance was on the Zaandam South America cruise that was affected by the current crisis.  He was on for far longer than planned as disembarkation at ports in South America was denied.  He is a very experienced cruiser and had nothing but praise for the way HAL dealt with it all.

Hubby and I are booked on Arcadia in April next year for the Azores, Madeira , and the Canaries .This trip was booked before Covid 19 news broke . It took quite a while to sort out insurance as nobody was doing new policies but all is well now .We are both over 70 just and have medical i:e Diabetes 2 is one .But I will say we had no problem getting cover ,could not have been more helpful  I would recommend Avanti and this is a firm I have never dealt with before.

We have two cruises booked for 2021, April on Arcadia and again on her in November. I do hope by then we will be able to go. Mind you by next April I would be happy just to go onboard and cruise the oceans for a couple of weeks. Just having somebody else to cook and clean for me would be great.