Sign in to follow this  
tekram

Queen Mary 2

My wife and I were on the round trip to USA, Canada Aug/Sept 2019. A large group of Chinese boarded in Quebec and left in New York. On the passage to Southampton my wife and I contracted a virus, sore throat, fever and a bad cough which lasted many weeks. There were quite a few other passengers on board who had it as well. I wonder if this was a variant of Covid 19 ? It would be interesting to see the Doctors Medical Log for that period.

James Fleming

16 minutes ago, tekram said:

My wife and I were on the round trip to USA, Canada Aug/Sept 2019. A large group of Chinese boarded in Quebec and left in New York. On the passage to Southampton my wife and I contracted a virus, sore throat, fever and a bad cough which lasted many weeks. There were quite a few other passengers on board who had it as well. I wonder if this was a variant of Covid 19 ? It would be interesting to see the Doctors Medical Log for that period.

James Fleming

Hi tekram (James),

Very interesting.  Wouldn't it be good to know, in current circumstances, whether or not you have developed an immunity as a result?

Best not to try and find out!!

DavidH

The France case was December, so from all the facts we've been given Aug/Sept seems a bit early. We all would be more susceptible to virus strains of cold or flu from foriegners as we wouldn't have encountered those before and the same goes for them with us. On a recentish, Sept 2018, we all caught a bad infection from some Americans we shared a table with, it happens.

On the conspiracy front I don't believe the Chinese have been totally honest with us about many aspects of Covid-19. So who knows?

RayO

2 hours ago, RayO said:

On the conspiracy front I don't believe the Chinese have been totally honest with us about many aspects of Covid-19. So who knows?

I'm certainly not into conspiracy theories but I'm absolutely convinced China have been totally dishonest, time will tell.

My reasoning is that a very dear friend of mine passed away in October 2019 after a relatively short illness, in hindsight the symptoms turned out to be classic Coronavirus, continuous cough, high temperature, breathlessness etc, doctor prescribed two different antibiotics to no avail, police and ambulance ended up having to break in and get her to A&E where she was put on a ventilator but she passed away a few days later, cause of death Pneumonia caused by flu, even though she'd had a flu jab!!!!!!! and prior to that was a perfectly healthy 67yr old.

This virus didn't happen overnight, the WHO organisation only announced this virus to the world back in January, no one can tell me that they weren't investigating it before that.

Only my opinion, but I believe this has been infecting people for a year or more the truth will come out in the end but I suspect it'll be years before we actually know, unless Trump has his way of course😳😲

HLM.

Edited by HLM

5 hours ago, tekram said:

James Fleming

Hi Tekram.

Without a test it's unlikely you'll find an answer to your question.

What I would say though is that Covid appears to be relatively quick to get out of the system with a few exceptions of course, I suspect if your wife's condition could've been cabin cough as this can last several weeks unlike Covid.

HLM.