Sign in to follow this  
iknowlescourier

Proof of Carnival shares

1 hour ago, iknowlescourier said:

Hi all. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to prove I have 100 Carnival shares to receive  extra on board credit? Thanks in advance.

If you hold a certificate, then I believe a copy of this needs sending to the shareholder benefits team at Carnival UK.

If you hold them in a non certificated form then a number of on line platforms do offer a service where they will advise Carnival if you request them to and provide them with your booking details.

11 minutes ago, iknowlescourier said:

I don’t have a certificate, I have bought shares through Hargreaves & Lansdown. My next cruise is with P&O.

Look on P&O website at bottom of home page is FAQ and if you click on there click on Miscellaneous tab and it tells you there.

4 hours ago, iknowlescourier said:

I don’t have a certificate, I have bought shares through Hargreaves & Lansdown. My next cruise is with P&O.

Log into your account with H &G an send them an email about 6 weeks before your departure date, give them the following

1, ask them to advise P & O of your share holding

2, your booking ref

3, date of Travel

4, name of ship.

After a few days I normally get an email from Bolsover advising me of my extra onboard credit that has been added to my account. ( that is if you book via them) if not then P & O should advise you.

best of luck.

Now that all my shares are held in an online account, I just printout the page showing my share holding with a date on it. Scan that in to my computer then attach to an email to the relevant cruise line with my booking details. If there are details I don't want them to know on the printout, e.g. account details, then I just blank those out before scanning.

RayO

On 5/29/2020 at 9:32 AM, RayO said:

Now that all my shares are held in an online account, I just printout the page showing my share holding with a date on it. Scan that in to my computer then attach to an email to the relevant cruise line with my booking details. If there are details I don't want them to know on the printout, e.g. account details, then I just blank those out before scanning.

RayO

I also have mine with HG and do exactly the same as you Ray.

I found this thread really helpful as I bought back into Carnival when the share price was in freefall. It went even lower and I wondered if I had done the right thing- Now I see they are back into positive territory for the price I paid. I am also hoping to cruise P&O in April. 

As an addendum to the original thread.

A few years ago I thought that I would do the same with RCI shares as with Carnival shares, they offered similar obc. I had to trade on the NYSE to buy the shares as they are not dual quoted like Carnival shares.

I duly applied for my obc with RCI only to find that, unlike Carnival, they will not give you shareholder obc if you have any booking incentive obc. We had a small amount of obc from booking so were refused shareholder obc.

Basically, it isn't worth the hassle with RCI if they are still doing the same as they were then.

Just thought I'd give my tale as information for anyone who might consider doing something similar.

RayO