Sign in to follow this  
Captain Kidd II

Port or Starboard

We are looking at the possibility of cruising the Caribbean early 2020 and always have the discussion over which would be the better side to have a balcony either Portside or Starboard? As often as not I seem to be wrong, according to my wife, so wonder if anyone would like to give advice! It also means I have someone to blame if it is wrong ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

4 minutes ago, Captain Kidd II said:

We are looking at the possibility of cruising the Caribbean early 2020 and always have the discussion over which would be the better side to have a balcony either Portside or Starboard? As often as not I seem to be wrong, according to my wife, so wonder if anyone would like to give advice! It also means I have someone to blame if it is wrong ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Unless you are cruising all the way from Sourhampton, when port side out and starboard back would ensure you have sun on your balcony, then it does not really matter.

2 hours ago, Captain Kidd II said:

Are you sure you have the date!

we always go starboard, have done the Caribbean twice, one in March, and once in late September the September weather was the best, March we had a lot of rainย 

have a nice time.

I am assuming you mean 2021 but I think there is a very strong chance that cruise lines will not base any ships in the Caribbean due to the difficulty of running cost effective and suitable flights due to COVID-19.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:40 PM, sinbad10 said:

I am assuming you mean 2021 but I think there is a very strong chance that cruise lines will not base any ships in the Caribbean due to the difficulty of running cost effective and suitable flights due to COVID-19.

No, we were looking at sailing 2022. We already have cruises booked for 2021.