Sign in to follow this  
Anchors-aweigh

The two HAL ships joining Olsen-

I haven't sailed on HAL but have checked out videos of the two ships. With cash not being abundant, I don't suppose Fred will be able to do full refits immediately.  They might want the Exploration lounges to look a bit more like the Bookmark Cafes in their fleet. Installing an Oriental Room might be a relatively easy and cheap change too. Both ships have a children's area which Fred may want to replace - maybe with some single cabins as these ships don't have any?

I just hope and pray that they don't re-carpet the Crows Nest/Observatory with the hideous 'nautical-themed' design one they have on most of the current fleet.

They are not really a child-friendly line. To the best of my knowledge there are no dedicated facilities for children on any of the current fleet. They do have a kids club on selected school holiday sailings. Outside those sailings I doubt if there is ever a significant number of children aboard. Until they release plans for the new ships, we won't know exactly what their intentions are but I would be surprised to see a major change of focus.

Cruise ships are a tiny part of Fred Olsen's turnover - unlike companies that only do cruises.   I welcome the new ships.  Fred is a fantastic cruise line for adults and we love their smaller ships.  Don't care about balconies or loads of restaurants or all the rest of the stuff that P&O and others serve up as 'what customers want'.   I'll stick with Fred, thank you, you can keep the rest.

15 hours ago, Mayway said:

Cruise ships are a tiny part of Fred Olsen's turnover - unlike companies that only do cruises.   I welcome the new ships.  Fred is a fantastic cruise line for adults and we love their smaller ships.  Don't care about balconies or loads of restaurants or all the rest of the stuff that P&O and others serve up as 'what customers want'.   I'll stick with Fred, thank you, you can keep the rest.

I just hope they will come up with some reasonable prices. I've looked at solo prices on three of Fred's 2022 cruises and the cheapest is coming up at over £250 per night 😱