Sign in to follow this  
Anchors-aweigh

Ransomeware attack on Carnival

A large attack was made on parts of Carnival cruise lines over the weekend. The mere fact that P&O -and I believe Cunard are 'down' would suggest it may have involved them. I am waiting to see if I hear from P&O as I have 2 booked cruises for 2021. Further than this I have no more info......

I dont think that P&O and Cunard being "down" suggests it is them I just think Carnival have done the same thing across all its cruise lines just as a precautionary measure.

I agree Sinbad, the best form of defence is to close down any external servers to protect your business from attack. They have probably closed the system down to ensure the latest security software is installed on all machines - It is a time consuming job to do properly.

On another forum I am part of, there is a contributor who seems to work for or with Carnival. His track record of getting things right is exceptional. He has posted that P&O are not the brand affected (it is a P&O board).

As we have two cruises booked for 2021 with CUNARD this is a very worrying time for us because Carnival UK have not as yet been in touch with us. They have an e-mail address for me so I am waiting and also checking my credit card current account statements daily.

Edited by terrierian