Land Ahoy

Which Is Your Favourite Beach?

Hi  I do not like lying on the beach all day but I enjoy having a couple of hours relaxation and a swim in "warm" seas.  I like visiting seven mile beach (Grand Caymen) even though you have to pay to use the it. Carnival's  private beach on Grand Turk is good as is the Baths on Virgin Gorda.  The beach at Alicante which is only a short stroll from the ship's berth.  While St. Magens [st Thomas] is potentially a great spot but it's spoiled by it's popularity.

I have 3 favourites and cannot really single out just one of them as they all have white sand bordered by turquoise sea!

Like Land Ahoy I love Seven Mile Beach Grand Caymen ,then there is Half Moon Cay

Holland America's private beach in the Bahamas, and thirdly Mauna Kea beach Big Island Hawaii.

Tortola Cane Garden Bay, The first time we visited you bought your beers from a guy with a wheelbarrow.  When the sea comes in you can lay on your lounger and the sea laps underneath you.  Fantastic.  Also Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman. Wonderful blue sea.  Bliss

Broughty Ferry beach in Dundee. Lovely fine sand. Castle to one end of the beach, sand dunes to the other. A couple of very nice restaurants adjacent to the beach with unobstructed views of the beach and beyond. Not too dissimilar to Seven Mile beach Grand Cayman.

If you miss your ship you can see it passing by from your sunbed on the beach. One little drawback, only a minor one mind you, the Tay estuary can be a tad chilly!!!   :rolleyes:

cheers

Harvey

Guest 132LK132

Port Stoth on the Isle of Lewis. Better than any you will find in the Caribbean. Like Harvey, the water may be a little chilly but if it is seclusion, fine sand etc - then this is the place!

Reading the various posts here most people, including myself, but not all, have put beaches that are in overseas cruise ports. This made me wonder how many people have actually travelled the UK where we have some magnificent beaches. The Isles of Scotland, Devon, Cornwall, the Channel Islands etc. All have fabulous beaches with miles of beautiful soft sand and not a sun lounger in sight. Certainly far superior to some in the Caribbean where they have crammed as many sun loungers as possible on the beach at $5 each.

Reading the various posts here most people, including myself, but not all, have put beaches that are in overseas cruise ports. This made me wonder how many people have actually travelled the UK where we have some magnificent beaches. The Isles of Scotland, Devon, Cornwall, the Channel Islands etc. All have fabulous beaches with miles of beautiful soft sand and not a sun lounger in sight. Certainly far superior to some in the Caribbean where they have crammed as many sun loungers as possible on the beach at $5 each.

Hi  The Sands of Morar is an excellent beach (Western Scotland) but my favourite beach is the beach at Bamburgh (Northumberland) with the caslte situated upon a rocky peak behind the Sand Dunes  with sea views of Holy Island and the Farne Islands.  However, I wouldn't risk taking a dip in the North Sea it's too cold at any time of the year.  Please Note -  Please don't visit these places it will spoli the remoteness and peaceful nature of both beaches mentioned