lynda

Casablanca?

Hiya.  I joined the forum ages ago but forgot about it.  Time to get to grips and communicate.  I have been on several cruises and we tend to do our own trips when in port but am not against excursions if necessary.

Our first port of call on our next cruise (in a few days time) is Casablanca.  Any advice on what excursions to do would be appreciated.  Is it easy to do on your own?

Lynda

:)

I've only been to Casablanca once and thought it was probably amongst the worst ports of call I've been to. I went on 'Highlights' of Casablanca excursion - and there really weren't any highlights. I'm sure others will disagree and there may well be places of interest which they can advise.

If I go again - I will probably stay on board! But - I am the original boring old *art. :rolleyes:

cheers

Harvey

I could not agree more with Harvey.We visited Casablanca 3 years ago,never again.I would not use on this forum the only words I can think of that describe this place.We visited the large Mosque,which to be fair,is impressive,but we were not allowed inside.The traffic is horrendous and in their wisdom P and O shortened our trip.Of course they blamed the operators.When we eventually got into the centre,we were ushered into a large overpriced tourist shop,presumably owned by yhe drivers brother.Although the trip was curtailed we did not complai as we were only to pleased to get back on board. 

Regards

Rodger.

Thanks Harvey and Jaguar01 - maybe we will just have quick look round on our own rather than pay for a tour.

Lynda

I'm sorry if I've painted a bleak picture lynda - it's only my opinion. If you've never been then you must go ashore to see for yourself. Hopefully someone will come up with a good trip idea for you.

cheers

Harvey

Thanks Harvey and Jaguar01 - maybe we will just have quick look round on our own rather than pay for a tour.

Lynda

we were there in september on our last one on oriana, its not pleasent just getting off on your own either as its a fair way to the town, the port is a working port and was pretty dirty and smelly when we were there, we did an excursion but wouldnt again, not a lot of fun to be honest.

Cannot understand why Casablanca is on the intinary it is an awful place dirty nothing open when it Ramadam . The excursions are awful would never go their again