ChrisP

Formal Nights On P&o Azura

Although I adhere to the dress code I would rather dress in Chino's and cotton shirt. That does not make me one of the 'Can't be bothered element', have a look in London's top restaurants and see how people dress. If people want to dress up thats fine but please remember everyone is on holiday and many who wear suits for business 5/6 days a week want to relax on holiday. Perhaps this is why some of the better cruise lines now have a relaxed dress code.

On 4/6/2014 at 9:30 AM, sheilaandmike said:

Why are some people so averse to dressing for dinner? i enjoy formal nights, a bit of grandeaur. Would some of these people that moan about dressing etc go out with their families for an aneversary meal, or wedding etc without dressing? At times i feel as though standards are getting a bit sloppy, Im no gent but when im out and about and see people my own age walking about in jeans and trainers, even their wives as well, i feel like saying "Have you no pride". I mean jeans were once the mans working gear, now they think its acceptable to go to resturants in them, what is the world coming to? :lol:

Totally Agree with all you have said.     We will not cruise with any line who does not have formal nights.    Just as a matter of interest  l do not possess a pair of jeans nor never have for the very reason you have described.

On 3/24/2014 at 10:56 AM, eveshamlass said:

I agree that formal nights are not so formal as fewer men wearing dinner suits which I think is a shame because they do all look nice in them. I personally always dress up and if you have bought evening wear then you should wear it - you will certainly feel good. I always encourage my husband to wear his dinner suit never mind what everyone else is doing. I just hope the day never comes when the formal, black and white and theme nights are replaced by casual wear. When we first started cruising about 12 years ago I remember that gentlemen not wearing suitable attire would not be admitted to certain areas of the ship which I though was good. 

Totally agree we love formal nights