Sign in to follow this  
rhosgordo

Luggage Allowance For Caribbean Fly Cruises

its not the allowance that bothers me, its the varying sizes in hand luggage, hardly a handbag size when the airline is Thomson.  Why should a cruise flight be a different size to a normal Thomson flight size.  Very annoying, how many different size bags do we need?

Be careful to watch the weight limits especially if you have booked a transatlantic back to, say, Spain or Italy as the baggage allowance goes down to 20kg on the flight back,to the UK, which means unless you intend to discard 3kg before you return, you could end up with paying for every kilo over the allowance. In reality, it means packing only 20kg on the way out if you get my drift. You can book extra allowance but i think i'm right in saying Thompson flights have a limit of 30kg per passenger including your hand luggage allowance. On average, a charge of £15 per 5 kg on long haul and £10.50 on short haul if booked in advance. I hope this is of some help to all.

LYMISTER23

the flights are different because P&O charter the planes from thomson so I would say it is upto P&O what weight limit is applied and what they are prepared to pay for the charter more weight = more fuel =more cost ;) Ron

when I did my caribbean cruise with p&o the first thing I did was change my cases to lightweight this gave me a massive 4 kilo's to put in my case which I otherwise wouldn't have been able to do.

I know the economy allowance is upto 23kgs for the hold luggage (we flew with thomson, think its 20kgs with thomas cook) and 5kgs hand luggage. Premium is currently the same allowance. According to the P&O info though, for winter 2014/15 Caribbean fly-cruises premium now gives you 28kgs pp :)

Hi can any one tell me the luggage allowance with Thomson.im flying Friday 10th to barbados and picking up britannia cruise. 

Some one said it's 15k plus 5 kilos in hand luggage 

Thanksharon on