UPDATED 10 JULY 2020
IMPORTANT REFUND UPDATE
Please click here for the latest refund update for cancelled P&O Cruises sailings.
Due to the significant number of bookings affected, refunds are taking longer than expected for cruise lines to process. It is important to understand that all monies are held by the principal, in this case the cruise operator or airline, and not by us as your travel agent. Please rest assured that we are as frustrated as our clients by the delays and that we are chasing your refunds relentlessly. Please bear this in mind when calling us and understand that any abuse towards staff will not be tolerated, with any such calls terminated immediately. Thank you for your understanding.
- Bolsover Cruise Club’s coronavirus statement
- Cruise line statements and cancellation information
- ABTA coronavirus statement
- CLIA coronavirus statement
Our top priority is the safety, health and comfort of our guests so we’re working closely with all our cruise line partners to ensure this. After over 50 years as a family travel business, almost 40 as a cruise specialist, we’ve experienced adverse conditions in the past and are using this experience to reassure our customers whilst also responding to frequent itinerary and ship changes.
We continue to monitor the situation so that we can communicate effectively with all our affected customers and will continue to do so.
Latest cancellation policies and processes from the cruise lines
The health and safety of the guests and crew is of utmost importance to the cruise lines. Each cruise line is closely monitoring and assessing the impact of the latest developments of the coronavirus situation, health advisories and travel restrictions, and are making any necessary adjustments to their itineraries and health screening requirements. You can view the individual updates and cancellation policies from cruise lines below:
- APT – APT Travel Update
- Azamara – Azamara statement | Azamara Cruise with Confidence policy
- Carnival Cruise Line – Carnival Cruise Line statement
- Celebrity Cruises – Celebrity Cruises statement | Celebrity Cruises Cruise with Confidence
- Cruise & Maritime – Cruise & Maritime statement
- Crystal Cruises – Crystal Cruises statement
- Cunard – Cunard statement
- Fred Olsen Cruise Line – March – May Cruises | Fred Olsen Cruise Line statement | Fred Olsen Booking Reassurance Guarantee
- Holland America Line – Holland America Line statement | Holland America Book with Confidence
- Hurtigruten – Hurtigruten statement
- MSC Cruises – Itinerary Changes | MSC Cruises statement
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Norwegian Cruise Line statement
- Oceania Cruises – Oceania Cruises statement | Oceania Cruises Travellers Assurance Programme
- P&O Cruises – P&O Cruises statement | P&O Cruises Refund Update
- Princess Cruises – Princess Cruises statement
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises – Regent Seven Seas Cruises | Regent Seven Seas Cruises reassurance policy
- Riviera Travel – Riviera Travel statement
- Royal Caribbean – Royal Caribbean statement | Royal Caribbean Cruise with Confidence policy
- Saga – Saga statement
- Seabourn – Seabourn statement | Seabourn Book with Confidence policy
- SeaDream – Seadream statement
- Scenic – Scenic statement and cancellation policy
- Silversea – Silversea statement
- Star Clippers – Star Clippers travel health statement
- Viking – Viking statement
- Virgin Voyages – Virgin statement
We’re experiencing an incredibly high volume of calls right now, so please bear with us. In the meantime, here are the answers to some of your most frequently asked questions about refunds and future cruise credits:
REFUNDS – As your money is held by the cruise line and not by ourselves, it means that progress on refunds and partial refunds is entirely in their hands. It’s understandable that everyone is anxious to secure their refund and while cruise lines are under immense pressure, you can rest assured that they’re working hard to process these as quickly as they can.
FUTURE CRUISE CERTIFICATE (FCC) – If you have chosen to take an FCC, these are slowly being processed and will appear against your online profile with the cruise line ready for when you make your next booking. It’s worth knowing that we are already able to rebook cruises and have the FCC applied once it has been processed; great news if you can’t wait to get that next holiday in the diary! Call our Cruise Experts to plan your next trip, but bear in mind that we’re recommending our clients look at sailings in 2021 and beyond for the time being, just to allow ample time for the industry to recover.
TRANSFERS – Many of you have already transferred your booking but, if not, please bear in mind that the process of producing new documentation by the cruise line will be slow due to overwhelming demand. We promise that any new bookings are secure and we will be in touch as soon as we have received the correct documentation.
CONTACTING BOLSOVER CRUISE CLUB – Telephone 01246 819819 Monday to Friday 0900 – 1730, Saturday 0900 to 1700 and Sunday 1000 to 1600. Alternatively, email email@example.com or drop us a message on our live chat (bottom right). The Cruise Holiday Shop at Meadowhall & The Cruise Bureau at Barlborough are both closed for the time being, but we’ll be back soon!
ABTA has been a trusted travel brand for 70 years, offering advice and guidance to the travelling public, as well as leading the travel industry in supporting high service standards. Read ABTA’s coronavirus advice for customers and find frequently asked questions and answers.
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) have issued a statement in response to the 2019-novel coronavirus outbreak and the World Health Organization’s (WHO) declaration of a global health emergency. CLIA are regularly making updates and motioning the situation closely and you can read their latest statement here.